Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new mustang. First time mustang owner so im EXCITED! Just wanted some ideas for some nice mods to make the car faster. It is a 5 speed. No mods have been made yet. Also wondering if supercharger is better or than turbo?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
please use our search feature...99% of your questions will be found quickly that way. also welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I recently purchased a new mustang. First time mustang owner so im EXCITED! Just wanted some ideas for some nice mods to make the car faster. It is a 5 speed. No mods have been made yet. Also wondering if supercharger is better or than turbo?
Turbo>supercharger

Basic mods:
•Gears/LSD, give the feel of more power by increasing mechanical advantage

•Windstar swap, increased air flow throughout the rpm range very noticeable gains

•tuner, make the car run a little more efficiently also will be needed to correct speedometer after gear swap, (Ortizperformance does great tunes!)

Just some great starter mods

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
as a first car i'd just slap an exhaust on it...then start a savings account mod until you really decide what you want out of the car :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
please use our search feature...99% of your questions will be found quickly that way. also welcome to the site
Gah you mods are such jerks ;) lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm guessing you have a 97?? If you're thinking supercharger or turbo, you might want to look at the 89-94 thunderbird SCs. They came stock with our 3.8 engines but with a m90 supercharger, as well as a posi. Transplant that and you'll have a 13 sec street car that can keep up with the GTs.

·
Registered
876 Posts
davidcseifert said:
Turbo>supercharger

Basic mods:
•Gears/LSD, give the feel of more power by increasing mechanical advantage

•Windstar swap, increased air flow throughout the rpm range very noticeable gains

•tuner, make the car run a little more efficiently also will be needed to correct speedometer after gear swap, (Ortizperformance does great tunes!)

Just some great starter mods
+100000

Welcome to the site, also check out the stickies..

Post a pic of your car:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts