Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need information for 1994 5.0 GT

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tonyd01gt 
#1 ·
Hi, i just picked up a 1994 ford Mustang GT. It has the 5.0 V8. The original owner purchase a Motorsport SVO intake for the car. But never finished the total install. I need help in getting all the vacuum lines hook up correctly. And all the heater core hose's. I am asking for any owner' to please post actual pictures of how there car vacuum lines are connected and the heater hose. And yes, i have seen plenty of diagram on vacuum lines. For me that does not help .Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Google images and the diagrams man... if it doesn't help then maybe go find a local person with one you can look at but the big ones are the hoses underneath the upper intake and then making sure the coolant lines are hooked properly to the lower.

Also if this guy installed the lower already I would 100% pull it off and redo it. You don't know if he torqued it properly or correctly applied RTV if you don't pull it. The end gaskets supplied with most gasket kits are cork and always leak, even the rubber ones have a tendency too. The correct way to install these intakes is a thin film of RTV around the water jackets on the lower intake gasket and then trash the end gaskets and use black RTV or "Right Stuff" gasket maker to make your own end gaskets. Torque in the correct sequence and correct torque values per the diagram and then worry about the upper.

#3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have remove the lower intake. I found more issue. Intake bolts was broken off in the head. Now need to figure out what to do about the broken bolts problem. Really don't want to remove the head. Google did not have any clear images that i could use. for pictures of the vacuum lines. Google is where i saw the diagram on. Thankfully four other Mustang group's members send me dozen of actual pictures of there car. Will see how it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.