Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some help with some ideas on my car. I am thinking about ordering some black out covers for my headlight and taillights. My website with some out of date photos is in my sig but I'm gonna try to pull an old picture up. I've added a spoiler since those pictures (nothing fancy, a 99-01 spoiler) but you get the idea. I am also looking at getting a big running pony for the back window and the bumper inserts. Give me some feedback guys and let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you really want to spice up the appearance the best thing i think you can do is to save your money and get you a nice set of rims. There is imo nothing that will set off your car like a nice set of big beefy rims and tires. White is a great color, and if you have the money, a saleen kit would look absolutely gorgeous on your car. Cheaper route would be fillins, maybe a mach 1 chin spoiler and grill delete, hood scoop, tint, and springs. Its your car so just be creative with it and have fun....but i still say that rims are you biggest must for appearance. Every day when i walk out to my car i think how sweet my rims look on it and am glad that i bought them. :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok when we had our 2000 it was identical to yours at first as seen here: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/1986/

My wife had created this page a while back, so its not updated or anything anymore, but there are pics on there with the blackouts as you are thinking of doing...

and then when we were done with it looked like this, but we ended up with Chrome Steeda Ultra Lites on there with Steeda Spoiler and Mac Catback Dual Exhuast.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
black outs are just ugly... dont do it and they screw up paint, maybe not on the 99 up but still they are just ugly.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Those are lenses if I'm correct, we had a set here at one time... they are called Projector Lense Covers

·
Registered
74 Posts
SpectorV said:
black outs are just ugly... dont do it and they screw up paint, maybe not on the 99 up but still they are just ugly.
not everybody likes the same thing :D everyone have their on taste 8)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Correcto hmongstang. everyone has different taste and I think some cars look wicked with blackouts others look lame. Same with clear taillights some cars look good while others look ricey.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Item :: Headlight Cover

Picture ::

Description :: GTS Probeam Headlight Covers has a raised clear projector beam lenses on carbon fiber styled base. New 3-dimensional styling that gives you the Euro look. Check local laws; sold for off-road use only. 1994-00
Stock# 96xxxx

Price :: $49.99 (Plus $6.95 when ordering online.)

·
Registered
614 Posts
So, what do you guys think, look good on my car? Or should I go with regular GTS ones?

And also, how to these attatch? Dom thinks they use velcro, but can someone plz confirm that? Also... how likely am I to get these stolen?! lol In other words... how long have you guys had yours and have you had any problems w/ them? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts