Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2010 v6 in great shape. Only 46k miles, flowmaster force 2 dual exhaust kit with a roush rear valence and multiple other appearance changes. I was considering buying the tuner for my car to add some power but thought about trading it for a 2006 Manuel gt. should I?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Why not trade up to a 2011+ with the new engines? Youll miss your interior in an 06 and the looks are much improved on the new gen, unless you really need that v8 sound

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reason I would trade down is because its not fully paid for yet. But I think I will just throw a tuner into it and push it to its limits. I agree about missing the Interior

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bighebs10 said:
Reason I would trade down is because its not fully paid for yet. But I think I will just throw a tuner into it and push it to its limits. I agree about missing the Interior
Yeah plus you'll miss that ballin 10-12 body I actually like it over the 13 plus you've got a ten but you've already eliminated the single exhaust so you're good throw a tuner on maybe a cai and you're set!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will tell you. The flowmaster is a crazy difference. Even though its not the gt sound, it still sounds great

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is completely off topic. Other night I come out and find my car covered in glitter. Tonight it's covered in flour. I'm getting extremely mad. What should I do

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bighebs10 said:
This is completely off topic. Other night I come out and find my car covered in glitter. Tonight it's covered in flour. I'm getting extremely mad. What should I do
Tie a dog to your wheel or quit cheating on your gf because they always know

·
Registered
704 Posts
The 4.0 actually sounds decent in my opinion, it sounds deeper than my 3.7, I heard a stock one the other day in person.

I know its low on power but its still a good ride, just enjoy it. I really agree the body style and interior improvements would be missed, plus youd have an older car meaning things will need to be replaced/rust out sooner. Then there is the added cost of gas and insurance for the 8. Hold out for a newer 5.0 someday. So many people blow thousands on their car trying to make it into what they really want, then in the end go and buy the car they really want. Just save your $ lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
for the stuff being put on your car...i'd either stay up and hidden a few nights to see if it happens again...or set up a camera

as for your car...4.0's are fun cars to work on. research an Xcharger...it's a fun bolt on (and with that supercharger it literally is a bolt on lol)

·
Registered
809 Posts
my friend, there is a simple solution to your problem here.... Paintball Gun :headbang:

or a less violent solution is to coat your driveway in a nice layer of soap or vegetable oil... just be sure to warn anyone who lives with you. :banana:

As for you considering trading down, well, I wouldn't. It really is a totally personal decision but if you can make your payments without to much trouble now then maybe you should see what a 5.0 would cost you. I looked into it and my payments would have still been reasonable but I like my V6 too much to let it go.

good luck with those glitter farries

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If I had a 10 v6 and had the opportunity to get into a earlier but still really good condition gt I would jump at it. I get that the v6 is the volume seller but by comparison that 4.0 is a boat anchor. If i were you I would try for a 11 v6.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
4.0 as fun little engines to me. They have enough power to scare you but not kill you. Least my 3.8 was like that and its ten hp less than the 4.oh. You get everything the 2011+ has just on the old platform. Least you get that cool ass and blinker js. As for stuff being on your car, wash it off immediately and keep the paint clean. Just hope it's not anything like sauce or ketchup that has acids in it or eggs. Bologna also will strip windows and paint. I'd set up a dash cam.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking imma stake it out 1 night with my trusty 12 gauge. That should do the trick. And I test drove a Manuel 08 gt yesterday and I gotta tell you it was very nice and loved the feel. But you are all right about missing the body and inside of the 10. Until I can afford the new gt imma stick with this

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was contemplating the same decision before I got my 10 v6. I had driven an 08 GT manual and loved it but just love the look of the 10+ so much more, but I didn't want the 10+ GT payments and insurance cost so I went with my 10 v6. She has enough giddy up and go to satisfy me, well for now! :) Here is the setup I recently got from AM and love it... http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-sct-kit-10v6.html

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have another question I've always wondered. Would the Pype bomb exhaust fit on my 2010 if I have a flowmaster dual exhaust already installed? Always loved the way they sound

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts