Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two options in mind for my next major mod. Either a pi swap or a t45 swap. Can't do both. Wish I could but only working with around 1k. Pros and cons of both?

·
Registered
456 Posts
As soon as I park the Stang for the winter I will be doing the PI head swap, along with new PI intake. I've been told by many guys with cars from our year that it is the best mod you can do. Thinking of doing the cams while I'm in there.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If u do pi swap u wont regret it. However u could upgrade to trick flow heads or patriot heads but thats depending on how deep the pocket book is. I have pi heads and i say they are great mod to begin with on our years.

·
Registered
779 Posts
98GTCONV said:
I have two options in mind for my next major mod. Either a pi swap or a t45 swap. Can't do both. Wish I could but only working with around 1k. Pros and cons of both?
I believe you can get more out of your non pi heads ( ported and MHS cams ). Id do that and get gears

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The pi heads were designed with better flow and output compared to our non pi.....at least from what i gathered plus porting pi heads would put out more but all of this is imo i could be dead wrong but atleast id learn if i was wrong

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Lol slow^

·
Registered
456 Posts
1996mustang said:
If u do pi swap u wont regret it. However u could upgrade to trick flow heads or patriot heads but thats depending on how deep the pocket book is. I have pi heads and i say they are great mod to begin with on our years.
I am getting the heads from a friend who bought them and had to sell his stang before he could put them on. So they are brand now in the box. Comes with gaskets and new bolts, all for very little money. Right in my price range. New intake from AM will be on its way soon. Wish I could afford TF heads but everyone I talk to say I will not be disappointed with the PI's and will save $$ for other mods. Like gears!!!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Skulls98GT said:
I am getting the heads from a friend who bought them and had to sell his stang before he could put them on. So they are brand now in the box. Comes with gaskets and new bolts, all for very little money. Right in my price range. New intake from AM will be on its way soon. Wish I could afford TF heads but everyone I talk to say I will not be disappointed with the PI's and will save $$ for other mods. Like gears!!!
Get the PI heads and do a little port and polish on them!.. You'll get even better gains!..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts