Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I want to do mine black but I just spent a lot of money on other things. any inexpensive ways besides plasti dip?

I feel like 400$ for powder coating isn't worth it

·
Registered
366 Posts
Musskao,
How hard would you like me to shove? Were it me, I'd go black!

I have wanted to do my wheels for a long time! But, I went through such a major ordeal! The tire company had to purchase another complete set of four wheels due to their machine scratching the first set like my current wheels. They were none too happy either. Yet, they made good their promise but, swore they would not make that mistake twice. I needed to find another company to do the tire switch. Which l did at their expense. So, l guess mine will stay the color they are, at least for now!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
Yea seriously :-o!! I hate the way these cars look factory
I'd be willing to guess the designers grew up in the 60s &70s. Old school muscle cars were jacked up and the widest tires you could find were put on the rear. I know ppl hate when the tires stick out past the wheel wells, I personally love the look.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd be willing to guess the designers grew up in the 60s &70s. Old school muscle cars were jacked up and the widest tires you could find were put on the rear. I know ppl hate when the tires stick out past the wheel wells, I personally love the look.
I like some rake on a drag car, that's just me though. But not tires past the fop of the rear fender. I'm a mini-tub and narrowed axle guy myself though the old school muscle look can be pulled off if done right. My '69 Firebird had 10" rears that stuck out about 2" and looked pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont think the black matches too well on that dark blue. i would do gunmetal, not the stock color but a little darker

1 - 20 of 23 Posts