Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Stagger the front and the rear. Calling AM is always nice. They confidently know which tires compliment the wheels, wheel wells, and the Mustang all the way around. Good Luck! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hell no!!!! dont stagger em!!!! figure out the cost of the rubber involved folks! go up as high as 20" if you want...but make em all match so you dont have to replace rubber after 20k miles like the vettes! rotation will allow you 40k+ so you're not paying for shoes every year.....

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

if I upgrade mine...it will be the foose rims in 19x 9 with matching p zero nero all seasons..
but im gonna trick my rims out differently after my first oil and servicing.....have radical idea...heh heh

·
Abominable Mustang
1,863 Posts
hell no!!!! dont stagger em!!!! figure out the cost of the rubber involved folks! go up as high as 20" if you want...but make em all match so you dont have to replace rubber after 20k miles like the vettes! rotation will allow you 40k+ so you're not paying for shoes every year.....
Mine are staggered. Have had them for about 2 years and have seen about 25k miles, including about a dozen trips to the track. Still at about 70% tread life. They're the Nitro NT555s. Some tires can last a good while longer than others.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Hey everybody. I'm ordering new rims and tires from American muscle next week. I need help deciding whether I should get the 18 x 9.5 or 19 x 9.5 what do you all think? Here's the link to the 18s http://www.americanmuscle.com/charc...le.am/W1diZp"]Staggered 19" Gloss Black AMR's would be wicked on your red Mustang. What do you think?

Shane

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I completely agree. Your opinion is very appreciated. I wasn't sure if the 18s or 19s would look better. I want them to look good and have a muscle car look rather then have them be too big and look dumb.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm having the same dilemma as I'm upgrading to the charcoal AMRs in a few months. I finally concluded on the charcoal AMRs (I'm 95% sure on a staggered set up), but still stuck on the 18s or 19s. A few things holding me back on the 19s; would I be rocking a 4x4 stance if I don't lower and what would the overall ride be like switching from the stock 18s to a staggered 19 set up? Would the extra $200 really be worth it or do I use that $200 for something else? (i.e. louvers, tuner, CAI, etc.)

I've been doing a lot of research and price comparison on this topic the past couple months and also concluded that it's cheaper to get the rim/tire combo even if you have to pay $200 for the TPMS (Which you can get a full set on eBay for $70). Anybody else do a comparison on this topic?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's an honest struggle. I really want to make sure the sizing is perfect. The 18x9 staggered on the American muscle 2011 gt looks
Fantastic but I wish there was a picture of them in 19.8 in the charcoal for comparison

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just put 19 in. AMR charcoal wheels (staggered) with General G-Max tires on my 2012 Mustang v6. Best decision I have ever made regarding my car! My baby went from 'Clark Kent' to 'Superman' in a matter of minutes.

'Big ups' to American Muscle!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I just put 19 in. AMR charcoal wheels (staggered) with General G-Max tires on my 2012 Mustang v6. Best decision I have ever made regarding my car! My baby went from 'Clark Kent' to 'Superman' in a matter of minutes.

So you didn't go with a rim/tire package through AM? Did you find that way to be cheaper?

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Got any pictures? We would love to see!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts