Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It's time to replace the front brakes on my 2000 GT and I need advice on brake pads. Motor is stock and its an auto and daily driver. I'm just looking for some better stopping power. I don't know if I'll get the stock solid rotors or some cross drilled and slotted ones. What are the best pads for both applications and for street use? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's pretty good deals on drooped &slotted rotors+ pads on eBay. Come with year warranty on warping. Plus lifetime warranty on breaking.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Well It's time to replace the front brakes on my 2000 GT and I need advice on brake pads. Motor is stock and its an auto and daily driver. I'm just looking for some better stopping power. I don't know if I'll get the stock solid rotors or some cross drilled and slotted ones. What are the best pads for both applications and for street use? Thanks in advance.
Pads are all the same .. Go get regular pads at your local store .. Pads aren't going to make a difference , neither will rotors unless your upgrading to Mach or cobra brakes

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Your just paying for the brand name ..

I've had drilled and slotted rotors and hawk pads .. I couldn't even tell the difference from my stock set up.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pads are definatley not made equal. However I agree that pads wont make a noticeable difference in braking distance unless your corner carving for time on a track. Upgrading to bigger brakes would be the most effective way to improve your braking.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors just look too cool not to get and if you've never changed rotors, I think you'll see a difference. SS brake lines are also a good investment. Will take away some sponginess

·
Registered
201 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors just look too cool not to get and if you've never changed rotors, I think you'll see a difference. SS brake lines are also a good investment. Will take away some sponginess

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors are for dissipating heat better. They really aren't necessary until you get on a track and even then drilled rotors aren't very good for that because they crack under the stress.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts