Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay sowhen i go to start my car it wil start and the bog down try to go back in rpms then come back down and stall.... then i go to start it again give it some gas hold the gas for a couple seconds at like 1500rpms and then the car will idle. can someone lead me in the right direction btw there are now engine codes

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Sounds like you may have a fuel supply issue.
Have you checked your fuel pressure?
Replaced filter?
Can you hear the fuel pump running?
Does the engine turn over normally when trying to start?

Please, give as much information as you can, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I agree with Trojan, there is definately something else going on with your car. The Fuel is the best place to start. What Octane gas are you using also?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I can hear the fuel pump running its a 190lph Holley and my fuel pressure is 38psi and the filter not to sure of I should check it I was just on my way to work and I got on it a little and when I slowed down quick it cut off on me. Started it up and had to keep giving it gas to keep it running after about 10 second of feathering the throttle it idled but when u I let go if the gas it dropped rpms and came up
And did it again then leveled out

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Definately check that Filter.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Okay I can hear the fuel pump running its a 190lph Holley and my fuel pressure is 38psi and the filter not to sure of I should check it I was just on my way to work and I got on it a little and when I slowed down quick it cut off on me. Started it up and had to keep giving it gas to keep it running after about 10 second of feathering the throttle it idled but when u I let go if the gas it dropped rpms and came up
That's strange.
It almost sounds like when you slowed down quickly that maybe you sucked some debris into the fuel system, sloshed what was in the filter over the inlet or outlet or (I don't even know if this is possible for sure.) partially or temporarily activated the inertia switch.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm also when I shut the car off the fuel pressure should drop
To zero but it takes for ever for the gauge to go down and it's a newer gauge I swapped out the old one

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hmm also when I shut the car off the fuel pressure should drop
To zero but it takes for ever for the gauge to go down and it's a newer gauge I swapped out the old one
It should hold pressure for awhile.
If it drops quickly then you have pressure regulator problems.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

I recently purchased some more Mustang Tech books and while reading through one of them I ran across Deceleration Control Strategy.

The book says that your IAC (It took me a while to figure this out, because they call it a BPA, "Bypass-Throttle Air":wtf) controls this strategy to keep your engine from stalling from sudden cut-off the air supply, i.e. suddenly letting off the gas pedal.
So you may want to make sure your IAC is clean and working properly.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently purchased some more Mustang Tech books and while reading through one of them I ran across Deceleration Control Strategy.

The book says that your IAC (It took me a while to figure this out, because they call it a BPA, "Bypass-Throttle Air":wtf) controls this strategy to keep your engine from stalling from sudden cut-off the air supply, i.e. suddenly letting off the gas pedal.
So you may want to make sure your IAC is clean and working properly.
the iac is brand new got it from the parts store alsothe issue is when u start the car when its warm it wont stay running with out giving it a little gas i can hear the iac working when i truen the key into the on posistion andhad it off tomake sure

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
the iac is brand new got it from the parts store alsothe issue is when u start the car when its warm it wont stay running with out giving it a little gas i can hear the iac working when i truen the key into the on posistion andhad it off tomake sure

Ok, I thought I might have lucked into a cure for you.
I'll keep looking and we'll find a solution eventually. :good:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I thought I might have lucked into a cure for you.
I'll keep looking and we'll find a solution eventually. :good:
Thanks I hope to find a solution soon myself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts