Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm borderline in need of an oil change. I'm at 2500, and I usually change it between 2700 and 3000. I'm going to the drag track this weekend. Should I change my oil,, or should I keep the oil that my engine is used to for better performance? I'm undecided. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
OMG the oil question hahahahaahha Just go the way it is. Theoretically the thinner used regular oil (older oil that looses viscosity) will cause less drag on the engine.

Corey

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time at the track. And I used the search button but didnt find anything :rolleyes: . :D

If it makes any difference, I just had my tires rotated and re-ballanced. I'm sure that was a wise Idea... right?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
What the hell is a Ruadhugger !!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahha

do the tires spin real bad in the rain with a moderate launch in the rain. If the tires have excellant traction Leave the air at recommended pressure. if tem are easy to break loose drop 5 lbs of pressure and try to get them to nreak loose

Corey

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can still launch in the rain without spinning too terribly bad. If I dump the clutch, Of course I can spin them. It's all depending on how much water is on the ground.

Roadhugger Rage tires are just a brand name. As long as they keep my car rolling, I dont care.

Next question:
Should I avoid the waterbox? Or go through it and just light them up for a second?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
if you have really good traction in wet weather no need to avoid the water box.

as far as the brand I was not goofing on them you said ""RUADHUGGERS"" not road huggers ;) ;) ;) ;)

Corey

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rellik said:
I'm borderline in need of an oil change. I'm at 2500, and I usually change it between 2700 and 3000. I'm going to the drag track this weekend. Should I change my oil,, or should I keep the oil that my engine is used to for better performance? I'm undecided. Any advice?
uh... dude it's ok, run your car. you can go more than 5k miles without real damage... you conventional or synthetic though?

synth. can last longer but still needs to be changed almost as often.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rellik said:
I can still launch in the rain without spinning too terribly bad. If I dump the clutch, Of course I can spin them. It's all depending on how much water is on the ground.

Roadhugger Rage tires are just a brand name. As long as they keep my car rolling, I dont care.

Next question:
Should I avoid the waterbox? Or go through it and just light them up for a second?
skip the waterbox anyways, don't want water dripping fromt he wheel wells onto your tires. light up your tires for a second to get the crap off of them. lower psi to 28psi and lower 2psi at a time until you feel you have the best grip. don't worry about reaction time, jsut try to launch well first.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, thanks guys. I've been practicing launching for about the last 2 months... It's an art more than a science really IMO.

If there are any other little tricks you uys know.. I would be more than eager to hear them.

V6, Road Hugger is the brand. IF they're jsut an offshoot from some other larger company, I dont know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This will be my first time at the track as well! 8) Finally a leagal race. I'm just going to go and run it with a bunch of fellow V6s and have a good time. Rellik, i wouldnt really worry about it that much. Just have a good time.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rellik said:
Cool, thanks guys. I've been practicing launching for about the last 2 months... It's an art more than a science really IMO.

If there are any other little tricks you uys know.. I would be more than eager to hear them.

V6, Road Hugger is the brand. IF they're jsut an offshoot from some other larger company, I dont know.
just do what i said about avoiding the waterbox, burn for a second to get tires free of crap and lower to 28psi or less. gut the car of crap and make sure you were closed toed shoes and pants or you wont' be able to race for safety reasons. only a 1/4 tank of gas in tank.
also let your car sit for at least 30 minutes between runs. i gained nearly 4 mph in the 1/8th trap wise between hot lapping my car and icing my intake so that it was cold... 68--> almost 72mph!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I'll be bringing a few bags of ice... seeing how racing starts at 4 pm :shock: . When it's still pretty warm outside

I'll avoid the waterbox and drop the PSI.

And dont worry, I've practically memorized the rules that Cal Speedway put out for racing on their tracks. Jeans, closed shoes, T-shirt. The rules are posted in the Cal speedway thread in The Cali section. ;)

Thanks for all the help guys.

Stang01, you do realize that there are a lot of other types of cars going to be there... right? :-?

·
Registered
941 Posts
oh and make sure on the way over there that you turn your A/C OFF. don't want to drip water from the condenser on the track and look like a foo' (like i did my first time! ;))

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You sure? I'll be there before noon, and tech inspection starts at 2, and racing starts at 4. You sure it wont all go away by 4? :shock:

I usually dont run with the A/C anyway. I'll just leave it off anyway. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts