Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's the deal
When I start up my car it still sounds gorgeous but just recently it started sounding like there's a family of birds under my hood..... And yes I checked under the hood and there's no birds. Anyways I already done the following. The thermostat has been changed radiator is new and the only possibility I think it could be is the pulley tensioner? Or the belt. I've never changed these out:( how do I do it?could that even be it

·
Registered
916 Posts
SoCalKev said:
Okay so here's the deal
When I start up my car it still sounds gorgeous but just recently it started sounding like there's a family of birds under my hood..... And yes I checked under the hood and there's no birds. Anyways I already done the following. The thermostat has been changed radiator is new and the only possibility I think it could be is the pulley tensioner? Or the belt. I've never changed these out:( how do I do it?could that even be it
How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
914 Posts
SoCalKev said:
Okay so here's the deal
Yah one of your pulleys sound like they are getting bad idler or belt tensioner pulley

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garbill2003 said:
I had to change my idler in my truck at 100,000 and it a f150 so sounds about rite do you have a stehascope? Like what drs use but the automotive kind :)
I did that it sounds like its coming from the pulley/belt area what part do I need.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like the tension pully as you speed up the belt gets tighter there for less bird noise jmo .see if your lights get brighter when you step on the gas it could be affecting your altanator also

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pattyboy said:
Sounds like the tension pully as you speed up the belt gets tighter there for less bird noise jmo .see if your lights get brighter when you step on the gas it could be affecting your altanator also
All the pulleys are moving, so I don't think that's it. I'm thinking its the belt slipping no?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The belt supposed to be changed at 100k anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts