Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last week or so, my car has been making this weird grinding sound when i'm either reversing slowly, or accelerating slowly. This is accompanied by a heavy vibration that rattles the vents in the car. The vibration only occurs when i'm coming to a stop/completely stopped. What am i looking at here guys, any idea/ what i should check for? I've heard maybe tranny/engine mounts going bad. I'm trying to get rid of this car soon, and don't need it dying on me now. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definitely try to get a video. Theres two sounds i'll need to capture, but i'll get on it in the morning.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
sure it could be a mount...but it could also easily be an exhaust hanger...my passenger rear got loose one time and made the car shake like crazy if i was in anything buy park lol..

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
did you check all of your exhaust hangers? with the hood popped can you hear it while giving it some gas manually?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgive me for being a noob, but how do i check the exhaust hangers. I can probably figure out where they're located, just, i don't know what too look for to see if they're the problem. Should they be tight? No give at all?

·
Registered
679 Posts
PonyBoyV6 said:
Forgive me for being a noob, but how do i check the exhaust hangers. I can probably figure out where they're located, just, i don't know what too look for to see if they're the problem. Should they be tight? No give at all?
Btw I made a walk around for you guys it's uploading

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaRn5Fdge08

I was running late to work
If it doesn't work right away it's because it just published

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
just reach under the car and grab the exhaust and shake it...listen for any metal on metal tapping...around the gas tank is where mine came loose and it was an easy fix of course..just annoying till i did it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts