Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just traded with a guy on the forums for rims and tires. Really Long story short when I got back on the road the wheel was going crazy like I needed a balance, which I'm going to get this weekend, and there was one balded tired that seemed it was put on wrong because it said "inside" on it. Also two tires in the front are the same while the two tires in the back are not, I was thinking of matching the rear tires and leaving the fronts as they have almost new tread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Make sure the rear tires get balanced and have good tread on them because of the RWD. The tires with the most tread on them should also go on the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
post up some pics too

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I got my new tire and it balanced, but the wheel stool shakes sometimes, any one help me on this??

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
What is happening? & which tires are doing it?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It feels like the front tires are shaking the faster I go because the wheel shakes the faster I go

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
you got an alignment right?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
faster you go the more it shakes? shake more with using the brakes?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm going back to the shop now so well see wat happens, thanks guys and I'll keep you posted

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Are these aftermarket wheels? If so, did you remove the little clips on the studs? Aftermarket wheels will shimmy because the little clip doesn't let them sit flat - you don't need it because it is only there to hold the rotor on during assembly. Ford wheels have a recess that the clip goes into so you don't get the shimmy.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts