Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, when I am on the highway, going to pass someone my engine revs to the 5000 mark( normal) but my batt light comes on also. i dont loose power, but i really dont like a red light pop on once ina while. here is a vid of what it does, and a nice sound clip of my side pipe. :good: and hints why this does that? http://www.mustang-forums.com/videos/P6210001.MOV

·
Registered
414 Posts
1. My guess is that the belt is slipping on the alt pulley. Either because of an old belt, or because there is something wrong with the altenator. Bad bearing, or maybe it's just worn out otherwise. I'd say check to make sure the belt is tight, I had a belt stretch about 3 inches once. It got so big it would just fall off the idler pulley. So check that. Otherwise my guess is it's time for a new Alt.

2. Those side pipes sound excellent. What kind of mufflers are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Horse, i am going to change me belt. this morning i went and looked at it and its old, not cracked or anything but a little brown. and my muffs ar Dynomax turbos, with custom pipe work.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Yeah, that's definately gotta be because of a slipping belt or faulty alt. I would change the belt first because it looks like it's slipping. Could you take a picture of your tensior pulley just to be sure, your spring inside it could be bad also. It's not likely, but I just want to be sure. Nice vid btw.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok i got a new belt, only $17 at autozone, but i need to change it anyway. pics and vid will be up short... ok new pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts