Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 gt 5 speed. Its got a 306 with a typhoon upper and lower. I'm lookin into puttin a turbo on there for sure. But I'm curious to what ill be pushin with this. I would really like to be pushin about 450 to 500hp.... I would really really like to be able to run in the mid 7s in the 1/8 mile... Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
555 Posts
If your going to run a turbo the Hellion or HP turbo kits will definatly get you there. They can push 450RWHP easy on a stock engine and will get you to your HP goal. The 7.5 1/8th mile ET is like running a 11.7 1/4 mile ET. With a little better than stock tire and proper gear this is a easy goal for either turbo kit. Proper rear gear ratio for these turbo kits is a 3.27/3.31 for both manual and automatic mustangs but you could run a 3.55 if you have the suspesion and tires for it. I dont recommend going past 430RWHP on a stock block as it will greatly shorten the life of the block and the higher the power level you go the less time your stock block will have. I have seen new found 480RWHP crack a block on its first pass with a 5.0.

I know of a cheap all motor setup can get you into 11.80's in the quarter which will meat your mid 7second 1/8th mile goals but the car wont have 400 plus RWHP and the engine will stay together alot longer. But if your dead set on 400+RWHP the Hellion and HP turbo kits will get you there. The Hellion kit will get you there with less boost which will help your engine live a little longer.

Any questions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts