Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
The black is nice. Makes the tint look darker, or maybe you got tinted for the second photo. But I do like the black more.

·
Registered
704 Posts
One thing I've learned from my father, from aging gearheads, and from building old muscle cars is that black/anodized/powdercoated/etc. wheel trends come and go, but chrome will never die.

That said, I adore black on torch red! It's smart to plastidip it too so that you can just peel it off when you get tired of it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both look great, but I love the black. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking, and what type of shop did that for ya?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just plasti dipped my chrome wheels i didnt pay any shop to paint them. i already peeled off my plasti dip for now cuz it was peeling. im thinking of either leaving it chrome for a while or plasti dipping it again but leaving the lip chrome this time idk yet

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just dont kno why it keeps peeling on the edges of the rims lip. thats y maybe i'll plasti dip it but leave the lip chrome idk yet

·
Registered
119 Posts
That is what I want to do with my stock GT rims. I would like to either plasti dip, or powder coat the interior rim black and leave the outer rim with the brushed look.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is what I want to do with my stock GT rims. I would like to either plasti dip, or powder coat the interior rim black and leave the outer rim with the brushed look.
id plasti dip it first. its cheaper plus u can always remove it when u like and give ur car different looks to keep it fresh

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will have to look around and see who does it here....get a quote. I have a couple of body panels that need to be repainted too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never done anything like that before. With your question I assume it isn't a big deal to do yourself? If that's the case I can do it sooner then.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Your car looks awesome with either color but If I had to choose one I'd go with chrome! Just for the cleaner, shiny look

1 - 20 of 38 Posts