Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 GT PP1 that came with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires. These tires produce more road noise than I like and are a pain as they have to be taken off in the winter. I don't need a tire with this much grip but would like one that I can use year-around that is not complete junk when it comes to traction. I live in NC and we rarely have snow but it does get cold in the winter so that rules out summer-only tires. Any recommendations for a tire that you have used and fits my criteria?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I replaced the P Zero summer tires on my Mustang with General G-Max AS05 all season tires.

I have had them on for about 10k miles now and I am thrilled with my choice. I always thought the P Zeros were pretty quiet but these are even quieter and smoother going down the road. They are much better in wet roads and the handling does not noticeably drop off when the temps get down near freezing. The steering response is not quite as sharp but that is more of a difference than a short coming to me. I am quite sure they don't provide the same warm weather ultimate grip but I don't push the car enough that I would ever know.

Plus in 275/40-19 size they can be had for less than $200 per tire.

Dave

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the P Zero summer tires on my Mustang with General G-Max AS05 all season tires.

I have had them on for about 10k miles now and I am thrilled with my choice. I always thought the P Zeros were pretty quiet but these are even quieter and smoother going down the road. They are much better in wet roads and the handling does not noticeably drop off when the temps get down near freezing. The steering response is not quite as sharp but that is more of a difference than a short coming to me. I am quite sure they don't provide the same warm weather ultimate grip but I don't push the car enough that I would ever know.

Plus in 275/40-19 size they can be had for less than $200 per tire.

Dave
Thanks Dave, sounds just like what I'm looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts