Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it is getting to be about time to get rid of these stock F1s. I need to find something that will let me do more than spin through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I have been thinking about getting Nitto DRs in a 315 35 R17's. I don't want to get 275's as I have read repeatedly that the Nitto DRs run a little narrower than standard sizes. Plus, the 315s fit real nice on the stock 9" cobra rims.

Anyhow, my thoughts are to get the DRs in the back, and then some standard Nitto 555's up front. I have also entertained the idea of picking up the 555 II's. Those are the autocross version of the DRs. THey have the stiffer side wall which will be much nicer since I really don't get the car to the track hardly at all. The problem, they only come up to a 275 that I can find. The fear is they will be too narrow on the rim.

So, does anyone else have any thoughts about some sticky tires to get? Keep in mind they need to be able to plant 500+ of torque...and soon to be 500+ hp. The stock F1s couldn't handle stock, and they certainly can't handle the upgrades.

I am not stuck on NIttos...so, if someone might have some ideas about other brands and their ability to stick...throw them my way.

So, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i heard sumitomo tires were good they got good ratings and also good feedback from customers but i dont know how good they'll be to handle that power

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Hm...no idea man..but whatever you get you best come up and give me a ride...

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
232stang said:
why dont you get some 17x10.5 inch rear wheels and pun a 315 on those
the 10.5 rims are fine, but the issue is the tire that goes on. BFG 315s require wheel spacers and filing down the IRS bolt. The nitto 315s are too small for a 10.5 rim due to their running smaller than simular tires. The 9's a just right for the nitto 315s. If I go with another brand tire, I may just upgrade to the 10.5 rim. I am basically seeing what experience people have had with different brands and what not. Trying to see what other good options I have out there besides nittos.

·
Registered
261 Posts
See what you can find on the Bridgestone Potenza s03's. I believe that is what they are called. Good tired, I believe a lot of good people use them for scca. I forgot what class it was but the guy who won in the z4 used them when I was watching and I've always heard good things about them from people that use them. I believe they are a bit expensive though but tires are a good thing to pay a lot for if you're going to pay a lot for anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts