Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a bit of snow coming over the next few days and I just traded in my Maxima which was outfitted for snow with 215/55 R 17 Michelin X-Ice snow tires on aftermarket (Enkei) wheels. I kept the winter tire set after trading the car in.

I was going to just drive the Mustang in the snow with the Pilot Sport A/S and hope for the best. However, before I did that I decided to check and see if the old Maxima wheels would fit the Mustang. As luck would have it, the Mustangs and Maxima share the same bolt pattern (5 x 114.3).

The diameter of the snow tires are 26.3" compared to 25.7" for the stock size 245/45 R17's on it now. The width of the snow tire is 1.1" less than the current tires. The sidewall of the winter tires are .4" inches taller. The revs per mile are 790 for the winter tires and 809 for the summer tires.

Other than the Mustang looking like a tractor for the next week or so, does anyone have any insight into whether I can run these winter tires? Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it turns out the bolt pattern is a perfect match. Lugnuts are one size bigger but other than that the wheels fit (and look) great! Car goes surprisingly well in the snow too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Down here in the south, where we average one snow a year, all season tires work just fine. That being said, I don't drive the Mustang in the snow. I have an AWD Enclave with all season tires that does great in the snow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
for rainy or the one/two snow days or every 10 years, ice for several days, I got my 4x4 Ram Dually. I been running all season on my 2015 GT but fixing to change them out for some Nitro 555 G2's

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
38 Posts
My current tires are for summer only... they can't be used on wet days..safely

So I am waiting anxiously for warmer weather...
I just put on the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Season tires based partly on Tire Rack customer rating of 8.8 in wet performance. Is that the same tire you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts