Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is the car i wanted 19 first but the price of tires is more so I would like to go 20. I. Did use the search button but thread was closed. So whats your opinions? I put a picture also that it does have stripes so iam leaning two black

ForumRunner_20121022_075406.png

ForumRunner_20121022_075333.png

ForumRunner_20121022_075223.png

·
Banned
510 Posts
garbill2003 said:
Multi spoke? Like saleens gt500 them types?
Yea, sorry I should have been more specific lol. But I LOVE the Saleen style 20s! Those are probably the only big wheel I like on mustangs.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
muscledom said:
Yea, sorry I should have been more specific lol. But I LOVE the Saleen style 20s! Those are probably the only big wheel I like on mustangs.
Ok i will check them out

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
muscledom said:
I think I'm missing something lol. Are you saying you want staggered 20" saleens?
I want staggered rims they don't have to be saleens just trying to get opinions of what mite look good on the car. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
garbill2003 said:
I want staggered rims they don't have to be saleens just trying to get opinions of what mite look good on the car. :)
Staggered looks bad ass. Just look around at different wheel companies and see which wheels you like the best

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
everyone has their own opinion in what rims look best etc, just make sure they fit right (backspacing and width is good). If you want to rotate then you will need the same size rim front/back. With 20s you wont get a ton of life so expect new tires 30-50k miles.

If you buy tires from someone like discounttiresdirect they generally offer offsets in prices if the tires dont meet the manuf. recommended miles. Alignment and such plays in here so keep that in spec.

as far as tire sizes.... dont go to narrow. If you dont plan to run a good tire size then dont buy a rim wide enough to need a different tire size :)

8 inch wide tires 245-255
9 inch wide tires 265-275 (275 preferred)
10 inch wide tires 285-295-305

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SpectorV said:
everyone has their own opinion in what rims look best etc, just make sure they fit right (backspacing and width is good). If you want to rotate then you will need the same size rim front/back. With 20s you wont get a ton of life so expect new tires 30-50k miles.

If you buy tires from someone like discounttiresdirect they generally offer offsets in prices if the tires dont meet the manuf. recommended miles. Alignment and such plays in here so keep that in spec.

as far as tire sizes.... dont go to narrow. If you dont plan to run a good tire size then dont buy a rim wide enough to need a different tire size :)

8 inch wide tires 245-255
9 inch wide tires 265-275 (275 preferred)
10 inch wide tires 285-295-305
Thanks for the info. Why does a 20 have short tire life?

·
Banned
510 Posts
garbill2003 said:
I see how about 19s do they have better life? I know they are more expensive tires
The less sidewall you have, the harder the tires are, the faster they wear. And with any tires for these cars they're gonna be performance oriented so they're not gonna last long anyway

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
muscledom said:
The less sidewall you have, the harder the tires are, the faster they wear. And with any tires for these cars they're gonna be performance oriented so they're not gonna last long anyway
Ok i see so it is what it is then for wear unless i go with smaller rims?

·
Registered
916 Posts
garbill2003 said:
Ok i see so it is what it is then for wear unless i go with smaller rims?
Ya smaller rims you'll have more side wall and less punishing on the tread so better wear overall

1 - 20 of 43 Posts