Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:( I frown upon neon lights but if your hell bound to get them at least get Street Glows Gold Series my friend has them on his dakota and if by chance the tubes break they will replace them for free

What color you plan on getting?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The only problem with LED kits is they don't reflect quite as well. They last longer and don't break as easily though. It's all a matter of what you prefer

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dude, if you really want underbody, get the kit off ebay, like 80 shipped. But if you plan on keeping it awhile, get a brand that replaces broken bulbs. I've allready replaced 3.

·
Registered
250 Posts
btw, good led kits now ARE brighter than neon. However, they don't shine in all directions like neon.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That was my point, they're brighter, but don't reflect and spread like the actual neons.

·
Registered
250 Posts
well, that's not completly true either though, I was just too lazy to get too into it. But the kits that have the LED's inline project in 360 degrees. Those that are directionally mounted, have about 140 degrees.

---------------------------
-8-----8----8----8----8--8 INLINE
---------------------------

----------------------------
_8___8___8___8___8__ DIRECTIONAL, in this case upwards.
(sorry I couldn't make them face down)

But you get the idea.
----------------------------

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yes, very true. I don't know all that much about the LED kits to be honest, haven't really looked at one and haven't installed one either. If I ever get a good look at one or install one I'll post the differences I can see on here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My buddy has them on his integra. They look good. Brighter than my lights, but not as big of a reflection on the ground, more dark spots.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Ive got a blue underbody kit on mine...

http://people.ku.edu/~zim/neons.WMV

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Theres pretty much one main company StreetGlow with two differ series a Blue and a Gold Series
There are cheapo companies that make kits as well just StreetGlow is the main one.

and they make LED kits damn anyone gotta pic of this kinda intrested in seeing how they differ

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
OK, I just got mine today. They are Neo-Blue Optix Street Glow Underbody Neons. Comes with everything you need right down to the switch, fuse box, all the hardware and wiring.

As far as the warranty is concered, if the bulb just goes out [in my case] Optix will replace it. If a rock comes up and busts the tube, your on your own. Unless, you get a liscensed Street Glow Pro. to install it, then their free. Atleast, thats how I understand it.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
ive had mine on for 3 1/2 years... throug winters, on gravel roads, miles of highway travel... the only problem ive ever had with mine is my transformer toasted but that was under warrantee... im really happy with street glows fo sho

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
i have gone through 2 sets of streetglows and they are really good neon lights. i had green undercars in the blue line(the cheaper one) and i broke 2 bulbs(1 was the front cause i think i hit a curb, and the side was i ran over the curb at taco bell cause i didnt see it) so i went on ebay and got a set of green gold line(expensive series) and the guy shipped me them broken. so i shipped them back and he said hell either refund me or send red ones. so i took the red and installed them and they were badass. they worked like for a month then they stopped and i traced the wires and couldnt find anything so i sent the transformer to streetglow and they sent a new one back. then it worked for a little bit then stopped. i decided to take them off and i found that the rear wiring sagged and melted itself to my exhaust ant grounded out the system. i also broke a bulb taking them off. i think the glow from the gold series is just a little better than the blue line, but not by much.

now i went on ebay and they have 360* color changing led underbody kits. HOLY CRAP. you can choose what color you want, and theyre color changing. then a week later i saw a pt cruiser neoned out and it had them and i was just :shock: so when i get my next car i might get the color changers. SHOP EBAY. streetglow wants 300 for the gold line and 240 for the blue line. ebay wants 120 for the gold line (includes shipping if buy it now) so shop there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts