Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 automatic v6 mustang. I'm fairly certain that the neutral safety switch is bad but I can't find where its located. Everyone i ask says on the side of the transmission, but I've looked where the linkage is and had a mechanic buddy come check behind me and neither of us can find it. Does anyone have experience with this??

·
Registered
106 Posts
you talk about the safety trigger on the shifter so you don't go from D to R due to carelessness while you are drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you talk about the safety trigger on the shifter so you don't go from D to R due to carelessness while you are drive?
No its a sensor usually located on the transmission that won't allow you to start your car in gear. Called a neutral safety switch or transmission range sensor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ahh, ok, your transmision is a 6R80, so you should be drain the atf first, and then, dissasemble the body valve
I try to look for a video to help you to make this opertation

·
Registered
106 Posts
rockin randal, pls, wacht this link
It show you how to remove the sensor
good luck!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
No its a sensor usually located on the transmission that won't allow you to start your car in gear. Called a neutral safety switch or transmission range sensor.
You talking about the click sound you hear when you push the brake peddle so you can move the shifter? If so, Ford calls it an 'Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid'. I think the part number is AL3Z-7G484-B and it cost around $32.85. I can't find where it is on the transmission either :(. It might be inside the center console...……….

1 - 7 of 7 Posts