Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did one of those OBDII test the other day for because my CEL kept turning on, and it said that I the 02 sensor was lean on sensor #2 in
bank 1...which is the rear sensor on passenger side (i think). So i changed the sensor and reset the computer (unplugged the battery) and the CEL came on again. I am thinking that it is because I have duals, but NO H-PIPE..just straight headers to mufflers with cats. Does the H-pipe really balance the flow that much to trigger my CEL? I need to get smogged soon and with the CEL on, I will not pass. Thanks for the help....a1

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I was always told that O2 sensors should always be changed in pairs, not sure if there is anything to that, also disconnecting and reconnection of the battery isn't always a sure fire way to reset your computer, it really should be done with an 0BDII reader.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Who me Corey? He sent me another one, but I am fraid its defective too....same problems I had with the first one, I have emailed Dennis Reinhart twice, no response yet...

184 Posts
so much for reinhart being good.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Reinhart programs a great chip, its the blanks he got from Diablo that are causing the problems.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
What I don't understand is why I have emailed him twice in two days about the latest bad one and he has not responded.

·
Registered
349 Posts
codes are only indications of what the ECU sees. They are not necessarily what is wrong. Your code said the O2 sensor is reading lean.

It was obviously not the O2 sensor that was bad. You may have a vacuum leak or weak injector or whatever.

Good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have no idea, but...

bank one seems to me should be the driver's side

or someone tell me why ford would call the passenger side bank 1 or side 1 or whatever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts