Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 50th Anniversary w/glass roof!!! Very sweet!! Any suggestions on engine upgrades that won't break the bank??

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
45th...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was looking at CAI's..which one is the best that won't require a tune afterwards? Also I have a friend that is selling me a set of Corsa tailpipes..are they worth the buy??

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Was looking at CAI's..which one is the best that won't require a tune afterwards? Also I have a friend that is selling me a set of Corsa tailpipes..are they worth the buy??
Bite the bullet and get one requiring a tune and the tuner. You'll need the tuner for other mods as well as getting the benefit of a tune. IT's great to have to reading CEL codes and resetting. It's worth shelling out the extra.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're going to get a cold air intake then purchase a tuner/cai combo... The intakes that don't require a tune have little to no gain over the stock airbox on the 05-09 S197 Stangs other than looking a little more flashy... You'll love a tune/cai combo...Really wakes the car up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the community!

I have a K&N CAI in my 05 GT the previous owner installed. I like it, it looks nice and my research says i van expect a 7 hp gain. Of course i have not dynoed it.

So i am pleased. But i would rather have a new CAI with tuner like they mentioned above, to really see a difference!

I would recommend both the web site AmericanMuscle.com as well as this specific tuner/CAI combo! http://www.americanmuscle.com/airaid-racecai-tuner-0509gt.html

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ya like Aggiesrok said

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Get an intake and tuner. The JLT 3 combo is nice or C&L combo. The tuner is needed especially if you plan on doing more mods down the road.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the community!

I have a K&N CAI in my 05 GT the previous owner installed. I like it, it looks nice and my research says i van expect a 7 hp gain. Of course i have not dynoed it.

So i am pleased. But i would rather have a new CAI with tuner like they mentioned above, to really see a difference!

I would recommend both the web site AmericanMuscle.com as well as this specific tuner/CAI combo! http://www.americanmuscle.com/airaid-racecai-tuner-0509gt.html
I actually just installed that on my 45th and WOW what a difference

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Airraid Race CAI with the BAMA/SCT tuner from Americanmuscle.com. Love how it looks and the performace gains are very noticeable. I also added the Roush Extreme Performance cat back exhaust and its a great combo. I was stuck between the Airraid, Steeda and JLT, but picked the airraid because it matches my car. Black 07 GT Premium with Red interior. From what ive read there isnt much difference performance wise between those 3 so the esthetics were my deciding factor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
JLT C.A.I. with a BAMA tuner. Best bang for the Buck. Plus, free tunes for life. I have it on my 05 GT, freaking bad ass!

·
Registered
88 Posts
JLT C.A.I. with a BAMA tuner. Best bang for the Buck. Plus, free tunes for life. I have it on my 05 GT, freaking bad ass!
Yeah. Ya gotta get the Bama free tunes for life. Cant beat that with a stick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea..been researching and I think I will be going with the bama tune and the with the JLT CAI...and I have a friend with a set of Corsa mufflers he took off an 08 hes letting me have DIRT CHEAP!!! So it should sound pretty nice when done..I hope!!

Thanks for all you guys help..I'm sure I'll have more questions soon! Pictures soon :)

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Yea..been researching and I think I will be going with the bama tune and the with the JLT CAI...and I have a friend with a set of Corsa mufflers he took off an 08 hes letting me have DIRT CHEAP!!! So it should sound pretty nice when done..I hope!!

Thanks for all you guys help..I'm sure I'll have more questions soon! Pictures soon :)

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive super charger part

Here is my JLT CAI. Got it and a BAMA tune. Great setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.