Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start this off by saying I'm coming over from the LSX world (still my favorite platform) and this is my first Ford, first Mustang, and first Mod Motor. In the past I've owned a '02 Camaro SS with a LS3 based 370, a 02' WS6 with just a bolt on LS1, and a bone stock '99 Formula Firehawk that was 1 of 5 built. With that being said, I appreciate both the LS and Mod motor platforms. Anyways, I picked up a Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat '12 GT with the Brembo's and 19" wheel options. Already has some tubular LCA's with relocation brackets, full exhaust (can't determine if it has long tubes or not due to limited visibility), lowered on Eibach's, BAMA tune, and a JLT intake. Couple interior/exterior things done but nothing major. I'm really enjoying it right now as my DD. I don't have any plans to put any more work into it until my other car is paid off. I might put a different set of wheels on it and do the '13 tail light conversion when I get the available funds.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! If there is anything we can do to help, don't hesitate. There are some great people on here with a lot of knowledge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the dark side! If there is anything we can do to help, don't hesitate. There are some great people on here with a lot of knowledge.
Thanks. Only question I have is if there's some sort of VIN decoder of some sorts or a location where the RPO codes are to find out exactly what options this car came from the factory with.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
And you don't have to look under the car to tell if it has longtubes. You can tell from under the hood also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I would have kept the 02 SS also.

Spray the coyote

I wanted to keep it but a series of unfortunate events led me to sell it unfortunately... I planned to boost that 370 and have a fun street car to hurt some feelings. First picture is right before I sold it and second is when I first brought it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And you don't have to look under the car to tell if it has longtubes. You can tell from under the hood also.

I did but since I don't know what the stock manifolds vs long tubes look like under the hood, it's a guess for me. I'd like to say it's got long tubes.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to Stang Evolution!

Yellow actually looks really awesome on these mustangs! Believe its my first time seeing one. She's looking real good so far man!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to Stang Evolution!

Yellow actually looks really awesome on these mustangs! Believe its my first time seeing one. She's looking real good so far man!
Thank you for the kind words. From what I saw so far for production numbers, there were only 500 and some change Blaze GT's made. I haven't even checked as far as 6 speed with the Brembo option yet. I would imagine it's of 1 of 100 or something along those lines.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
You are probably right bro. Pretty awesome to see exactly what's up. Mine is 1 of 111 with color alone.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome, nice lookin' GT!

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I think you've got it backwards, Chevy is the dark side and Ford is the light side...

OP welcome to the forum, the car looks great but is definitely ready for a new set of wheels. Also nice SS, it's a shame you had to get rid of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts