Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Talk to your dealer see what they will let you do. It really differs from dealer to dealer. If you look in the warranty section in your manual farting to loud while driving might void warranty.lol. so talk to them. Some will frown upon a Cai some won't mention a thing.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
It depends on your dealer

My dealer say's an Axleback exhaust and a CAI are fine. They don't want or like a tune at all. Just ask your dealer if changing the mufflers is going to be a problem. I'm sure they will tell you to go on and do it.
Even though my dealers said " No TUNE"
They did say if I did do a tune to always take it out and put it back to stock if any warranty work at all is to be done.

Ronnie

·
Registered
730 Posts
My dealer say's an Axleback exhaust and a CAI are fine. They don't want or like a tune at all. Just ask your dealer if changing the mufflers is going to be a problem. I'm sure they will tell you to go on and do it.
Even though my dealers said " No TUNE"
They did say if I did do a tune to always take it out and put it back to stock if any warranty work at all is to be done.

Ronnie
+11111 mine two!

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,354 Posts
Mine will still do all warranty work as long as it is not tune related, and since it has Bama tunes they might even let it go on that as long as could have happened without the tuner on it.
CAI should not and staying after the Cats is normally not a deal breaker either.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
What everyone here has said. Check with your dealer before installing ANY performance type part, to check on how it may effect the warranty.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Why no Tunes is asked by dealer

My dealer said that when a car comes in with a custom tune they have a problem if Ford has an update on the CPU that needs to be installed. They have had nightmares in the past and don't wan't or need the trouble a tune can cause them.

My dealer just asks that the car's CPU be returned to stock programming when you bring it in. Then they have no problems at all with it.

I need to ask if it is OK to just have them not update the CPU when brought in. I think it is Steeda that has a warning plug to put in your CPU connection that asks not to touch the CPU.

I found it and it is Steeda:

Ronnie

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean I went from a 05 mustang performance white v6 210 hp with mods bringing it to like 247hp or 254hp and I now I'm instantly at 305hp and right now all I want is some nice sounding exhaust for my whip, then later in the future appearance. :) I'll give you updates on what's going on with my ride trying to arrive here.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

alright guys, well I texted the dealership guy and it was supposed to come in today but unfortunately it is going to arrive there tomorrow and then it be delivered to my house Wednesday. I will post pictures soon!!

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Congratulations

:good:+ one million on that Mustang.
Ronnie

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,354 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts