Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
What do you guys think the ecoboost 3.5L V6 is going to produce? Starting price on that?

Cause I can't decide on to pull the trigger on a'13 V6 or wait and see what '15 will bring regarding styling and power. I'm in love with the current style and and I think the 3.7 V6 is producing tons of power (regardless of cylinders or anything. Just as a car).

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
What do you guys think the ecoboost 3.5L V6 is going to produce? Starting price on that?

Cause I can't decide on to pull the trigger on a'13 V6 or wait and see what '15 will bring regarding styling and power. I'm in love with the current style and and I think the 3.7 V6 is producing tons of power (regardless of cylinders or anything. Just as a car).
I'm pretty sure they article in the post said 365 hp

·
Registered
545 Posts

I think it will be around 380 to 400 for the v6 Eco. The f150 Eco put out 265and the 5.0 put out 360. The eco could really put out more but it will be to close to the NA 5.0 motor with boss intake. IMO I think ford is trying to go for a v8 muscle car in the 5.0 and also have an option for someone that wants the same power but to save gas mileage in the v6 Eco. I'm just trying to think here why they would do this?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Agree with those posts. Too many engine options. I had a bad feeling that the rumors about the 5.8 were true.
Yeah as soon as the new Cobra Jet had a twin turbo 5.0 in it I knew the 5.8 TVS blown motor was gone. Not saying that is a bad thing, but I doubt we'll see another 662 HP GT 500 that can get to 800 with basic mods again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think it will be around 380 to 400 for the v6 Eco. The f150 Eco put out 265and the 5.0 put out 360. The eco could really put out more but it will be to close to the NA 5.0 motor with boss intake. IMO I think ford is trying to go for a v8 muscle car in the 5.0 and also have an option for someone that wants the same power but to save gas mileage in the v6 Eco. I'm just trying to think here why they would do this?
Ugh! Ford can't do this to me! I've been wanting so badly to pull the trigger on a'13 V6, but the 3.7L would look like nothing compared to a TT 3.5 ecoboost. What would you think the ecoboost will start at for pricing?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the idea of the v6 ecoboost, mustang with a factory Direct injected, fully forged motor, TT setup. Ford already has this motor available, it really just makes sense to put it in a mustang. Just look the the 365HP and 420TQ The EB produces. This engine in the mustang aftermarket would take off and never look back. Tune and crank up the boost and you are looking at a TQ monster with HP in the "coyote" range with V6 MPG. Just look at the GT-R. TT V6 and drives like a bat outa hell.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't see the point in have an EcoBoost v6, and a regular V6. The ecoboost will have more hp, and get better millage. There is no point in the typical v6

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ugh! Ford can't do this to me! I've been wanting so badly to pull the trigger on a'13 V6, but the 3.7L would look like nothing compared to a TT 3.5 ecoboost. What would you think the ecoboost will start at for pricing?
I think it will be ether about the same or a little less then the gt. I think ford is just giving an extra option for us mustang fans. I would love to see a 5.0 2015 vs the Eco v6 2015 in a drag race. Watch! it will be on the cover of motortrend when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't see the point in have an EcoBoost v6, and a regular V6. The ecoboost will have more hp, and get better millage. There is no point in the typical v6
I'll bet the V6 turbo will be a GT option motor and the base car will still be a NA V6. The base car won't be that close to a GT in terms of performance.

·
Registered
167 Posts

If you look at the F-150 the ecoboost is roughly a $1300 option over the 5.0, one would have to assume it would be in the same ballpark for the mustng.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'll bet the V6 turbo will be a GT option motor and the base car will still be a NA V6. The base car won't be that close to a GT in terms of performance.
I highly doubt that they will ever put the GT stamp on a v6, regardless of how much power it has. That's the easiest way to piss off your loyal fan base.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I highly doubt that they will ever put the GT stamp on a v6, regardless of how much power it has. That's the easiest way to piss off your loyal fan base.
Agreed.
No way they do that while there's still a V8 engine available.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So do you think the ecoboost V6 would be an option above the 5.0? Or what?! AAh! Do I pull the trigger on a 13 V6 or wait for the '15?

Do you guys think the difference between the 3.5TT and the 3.7L is going huge performance wise? How about price wise?

·
Registered
759 Posts
So do you think the ecoboost V6 would be an option above the 5.0? Or what?! AAh! Do I pull the trigger on a 13 V6 or wait for the '15?

Do you guys think the difference between the 3.5TT and the 3.7L is going huge performance wise? How about price wise?
I would get the 13'. Not only do I love the look, but the price dropped due to the 14' release (which is almost exactly the same as the 13') and, over time your 13' will become more valuable, as that generation will be come more scares and hard to come by.

Go for the 13' IMO

1 - 20 of 85 Posts