Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found new 7.5 3.73 gears for $149.99 with a lifetime warranty even if you install them wrong. The thing is is that there from a 4x4 parts place and there for rangers. Just asking if the 7.5 has ever changed and if it will work in my car. Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
nope, the ranger ones are completly interchangable in our cars

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
just make sure its not threaded the opposite way for the rangers front differential... make sure its the one that goes in the rear diff, otherwise youll be going backwards in drive ;)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Dang man, if they work on stangs, let me know, I'll order them.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
they do... its the same size and everything, you just have to make sure you get the correct direction of the gearing

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hm...my dad has a ranger with 4.10's in it...I may switch gears with him...I wonder if he'll notice if I come home one weekend and have both my car and his truck in the shop out back....

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha, we use it for towing our 4 wheeler on a trailer for hunting, stuff for fire dept, a 20 foot bass boat...dang, he'll notice. I'll just say it's his truck missing again lol. I just got done a couple of months ago taking the head apart and redoing most of it cause it was missing so bad. Ha ha, I'll figure out something

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Now to find a weekend to go home and find him a vehicle to drive that weekend... well I'm going home this weekend, but really don't feel like messing with his stupid truck

·
Registered
414 Posts
The T-loc you get for the mustang is just a t-loc out of a ranger. It should work fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The place that the gears are from is www.4wheelparts.com. They have the gears for 149.99 and the master install kit which comes with new baring and shims and everything else for $78.99. These prices are alot cheaper than any place i have seen. and they have 4.10s and 4.56 and there still priced at $149.99. You can't beat it. It also come with a lifetime wanrranty on the gears. EVEN if you install them wrong. THey will replace them.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
does it matter what year of ford ranger you get a rear end from
cause i have a 01 mustang
This is an old thread, but thanks for searching... you're one of the few :lol:

It shouldnt matter as long as its a 7.5" rear end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts