Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will today I got my new Airaid Race CAI with the blue non oil filter and Bama 93 race tune, it really woke up the car and looks great!!

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive super charger part

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive super charger part

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,871 Posts
Looks awesome man! I love the look of the Airaid Race CAI with the blue filter, great choice.

I'm glad to see you're really enjoying your Bama Tune and CAI. Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks awesome man! I love the look of the Airaid Race CAI with the blue filter, great choice.

I'm glad to see you're really enjoying your Bama Tune and CAI. Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan
Where on your site do I find a blue filter?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the intake from Horsepower Direct AM does not sell the one with the blue non oil filter. I asked them first but they couldn't order it. But the Tune is bad ass!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice I got the same thing also. Gonna hate to see it go when I go supercharger.
I wouldn't hate to see it go if I was replacing it with a supercharger. Lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
For sure lol

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
What's the difference between "oiled" and "non-oiled"? Is it just in the way you maintain them?
Oiled tend to flow better but filter less and also foul your MAF

·
slow281
3,068 Posts
Confused.. I've ran oiled filters on all 8 of my cars I've had and no problem..?

·
Registered
672 Posts
It'll foul it if you put too much oil on the filter after a cleaning ( which I of course have done,) but that's very easy to correct. I just sprayed some MAF cleaner problem solved.

But intake looks awesome man. I've got the 2nd gen JLT CAI on mine right now and have been leaning heavily towards either getting either UDP's and charge motion delete plates or a Bama tuner. I know mine has to of had some sort of tune to work with the JLT, but it was on there when I got the car so I have no idea if the Bama tunes would even benefit me lol.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It'll foul it if you put too much oil on the filter after a cleaning ( which I of course have done,) but that's very easy to correct. I just sprayed some MAF cleaner problem solved.

But intake looks awesome man. I've got the 2nd gen JLT CAI on mine right now and have been leaning heavily towards either getting either UDP's and charge motion delete plates or a Bama tuner. I know mine has to of had some sort of tune to work with the JLT, but it was on there when I got the car so I have no idea if the Bama tunes would even benefit me lol.
I just put on steeda UDPs, good solid mod, they are good for 10 rwhp dyno proven. I use to kick out in second gear now the car fish tails into second

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Confused.. I've ran oiled filters on all 8 of my cars I've had and no problem..?
And almost all the time an oiled filter will foul your MAF it might be soooo subtle you don't notice it or so bad your car barely runs, that's why I clean mine every oil change
Your likely to of never had a "problem" but doesn't mean it's not hindering your performance once your MAF gets dirty

·
Registered
72 Posts
After doing a little research, I found many opinions on oiled vs dry (you know what they say about opinions). The oil is not a problem unless you over oil as others have already stated. Oiled gives you better airflow and depending on the layered approach to construction, get actually catch and hold more dirt.

Personally Zaks, I like the blue color! Looks great and is pushing me to get the Airaid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts