Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right... teh 4th version of the CAI article is up and running. With more information, and now, with Audio Files of the CAI Whistle!!!

http://www.v6stangs.com/index.php?page=v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/index.php

·
Registered
349 Posts
Glad to see someone post the skinny on the "cold" aspect of a CAI. I personally consider the C to stand for Chromed.

The bumper mounted ram air setup is probably colder than the CAI's, but I have no data to support that, but I do have all the tools to measure it, hmm...

Steve

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ponycarman said:
Glad to see someone post the skinny on the "cold" aspect of a CAI. I personally consider the C to stand for Chromed.

The bumper mounted ram air setup is probably colder than the CAI's, but I have no data to support that, but I do have all the tools to measure it, hmm...

Steve
If you take measurements, I would be most appreciative for the results :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks good, very very elaborate.

you can use a cai with a intake mounted roots/twin screw s/c system, we will be doing this, and selling our own cai's.

"There are 2 other gains that are often never mentioned with the installation of a CAI. Gas mileage and throttle response. Individual reports have claimed that their MPG (miles per gallon) has improved under normal driving conditions. Throttle responce is often improved with the installation of a CAI."
the mpg is a myth. more, colder air will be read by the MAF and more fuel will be appropriated. more air = more fuel... which more fuel = less mpg. an underdrive pulley and taller gears are the only things i can think of that would positively affect mpg.

·
Registered
941 Posts
also i think the more relevent q's should be moved to the top and the whistle ones at the bottom. just my .02.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I could measure the air temps of the stock intake setup. However, I don't plan to spend money on something I don't believe is of any benefit to me.

However, if someone wanted to donate a used one for testing purposes, or even loan it for a week or two, then I could do that. Since I drive 205 miles each way to work I could even get some MPG numbers as well. If I didn't work weekends I could get soem 1/4 mile times at the local track.

I think BBK makes a ram air setup that scoops air from one of the openings in the bumper, that I think I would like.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I have part one of my CAI, i have 4" ram-air from the stock open from the fog light, to the stock air box. on 98's the MAF has a flange that me and RGR had to work on, he has my part 2 right now but I am runnin a K&N filter but i took off the bottom part of the ram due to the snow and salt. also if you run a ramair, get a screen atthe bottom of in the finder. i found a leaf in the stock box. :|

·
Registered
941 Posts
Q) What are the differences between CAI Years?
A) Good Question. The 94-98 CAI’s are identical. However 99+ CAI Systems for V6 Mustangs are different than that of the pre99 CAI’s.

its angles of tb-maf. 94-98 i think is almost 90 deg and 99+ is just above 45 deg.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire said:
Q) What are the differences between CAI Years?
A) Good Question. The 94-98 CAI’s are identical. However 99+ CAI Systems for V6 Mustangs are different than that of the pre99 CAI’s.

its angles of tb-maf. 94-98 i think is almost 90 deg and 99+ is just above 45 deg.
Addition of information has been added to the master copy, and will be stated in the next version. Thanks Tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts