Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new set of ford racing 5230-GTAs and I noticed that driver's side has a small hole at the bottom towards the engine side but the passenger one doesn't. Looked around real quick and seems this is a weep hole for condensation and actually found a borla PDF about how to drill these. I was wondering if I should go ahead and drill passenger muffler? Any idea why only one has it? I know they were discontinued so maybe just bad quality control. See pics.

Footwear Shoe

Auto part

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Just got a new set of ford racing 5230-GTAs and I noticed that driver's side has a small hole at the bottom towards the engine side but the passenger one doesn't. Looked around real quick and seems this is a weep hole for condensation and actually found a borla PDF about how to drill these. I was wondering if I should go ahead and drill passenger muffler? Any idea why only one has it? I know they were discontinued so maybe just bad quality control. See pics.
Is there one on the passenger side, but upside down. Maybe they just flipped the same one over and welded the hooks on the flip side.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Nope, nothing there. Going to go ahead and drill one and not worry about it.
I always thought there was just one on the driver side, because it was known to collect a little more water. However, drilling the same size hold on the passenger side isn't going to hurt anything. Might as well do so and get ride of any water build up!

Shane

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AMShaneLesky said:
I always thought there was just one on the driver side, because it was known to collect a little more water. However, drilling the same size hold on the passenger side isn't going to hurt anything. Might as well do so and get ride of any water build up!

Shane
Thanks. I went ahead and drilled a small hole in the passenger side and painted both of them black. See pics. I think they turned out pretty good, now just need to find some time to get mounted. Hope they sound good...

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Auto part

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the black, very nice man. I just got a set or borla stingers axlebacks and didn't even look to see if it had weep holes. I'll check when I'm back home from school but if it doesn't have them Should I drill them? Or will the exhaust push out the remainder Of the condensation cause the muffler is small

1 - 7 of 7 Posts