Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they give me the built in G-Meter with Track us only on it, Go Figure. These figures are for me on my 2013 V6 running on the back roads in the Sierra Madre mountains in Mexico in between Tennessee and North Carolina, any #'s you have are yours.
Today it was supposed to hit 80 degrees Fahrenheit, that is 26.667 Celsius for the Canucks of our group so we went and played on the Dragon, 318 corners in 11 miles (17.7 Kilometers For all outside the US). Went out and was running well over 1.0 G's but not quite to 1.1 G's. Warmed up to the mid 70's and the car was just sticking so much better I actually got the Brembo's warm so even they were working better. I have run up to 1.21 before but that was where the Car broke traction on the rear, Today I hit 1.24 going to the left and 1.17 Going to the right, and that was not breaking loose that was actually digging coming out of the corner.
The other thing was I have never been able to go past 1.0 G's on the stopping, since upgrading to the 14" Brembo's and 13.8" GT500 rears we actually did 1.0's all day without the ABS kicking on and 1.14 G's was the highest.
This is running a 255/40 19 Front and 295/35 19 Rear Continental Extreme Contact Sports with my Koni Sports still set on soft.
At one point I was really embarrassing a C7 Corvette, he could lose me on the straights (duh) but I was all over him in the corners, we caught up to a Roush S550 behind a Motorcycle and when the Motorcycle moved over the Roush left the guy behind and I continued drafting him until I pulled off at the overlook. whether he was trying (Late and hard braking and spinning the rear tires leaving corners) I was glad to get out from behind him and his stinky brakes.

My Little V6 Mustang may not sound like a V8, but it has followed along without problems on a lot of V8's and has gone around more than just one and left them behind in the twisties.
Now to start putting togethers the parts to do the Ecoboost Turbos and the Vette might not lose me on the straights either.

Reactions: David Young

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
(y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts