Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,884 Posts
Honestly from that pic it really does look a lot like a S550... OR... the S550 looks a lot like a Euro sports car... which is what Ford is going for.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Even though BMW has been trying to emulate American automobile styling for years now.... first Pontiac, and now, apparently, Ford.... I still wouldn't own one of their damned kreigswagens.
:nonono:

·
Super Moderator
17,884 Posts
I actually really like BMWs, and they aren't as hard to work on as ppl think. Its if you have to pay BMW to do your routine/scheduled maintenance is where you butthole will get reamed out.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Dont worry Scotty, you will be able to purchase a 2019 M8 for around $30k in 2029. :lol:
I think that the only way to truly enjoy one of the various high end European automobiles, is to purchase, or lease, from brand new, and to only keep the vehicle while it is covered under warranty. Before it needs a set of carbon fiber brakes that cost as much as a new Civic. Or the rear steering actuator needs to be replaced. Perhaps the active suspension will no longer activate....
You can do the work yourself, but some of the parts will be outrageously expensive to replace.
There are some 8-10 year old high end luxury performance automobiles that are actually pretty tempting to buy. They seem like a hell of a lot of car for the money. Some for 25-30% of their original purchase price! But there is a reason that those vehicles routinely depreciate at astronomical rates, and that is because they end up being maintenance nightmares to all but the most dedicated enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
When I first saw the new Mustang the first thing I said was it looked like a BMW...
Welcome to the forum, by the way......and I agree strongly with the similarities.....pretty amazing picture if we could see the Mustang and the new 8 side by side. The rear fenders and the shape and slope of the top are especially evocative of the Mustang fastback’s shape(s)......I just looked again at the pics on the link, and I think Ford could make a claim of copyright infringement. Look at:
The shape of the headlights.
The shape of the lower front bumper air intakes and front air dam.
The shaped, raised lines on the hood look like the original ones on the S550.
The indented sides from the front fender into the rear fender have been a MUSTANG tradition since 1964.

It IS a good looking car, but from the second pic in the link (the one directly from the side) I could easily be convinced that this is a styling concept for the 2020 Mustang restyle. Ford could slap a Fusion grill on the new 8 and call it done...LOL

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
Hmmm can't pinpoint why, but I really like the body lines :rolleyes:

I think the newer Camaro's look more like the 2015+ Mustangs than they did. I think in some way, they all tend to pull off each other. It's usually the one that seems to be selling the most that they pull more off of.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
saw what was either a Top Dog Camaro (or nicely modified) the other day. Oh My.........looked like a Stealth Jet (Pure Black and amazing looking)
Personally, I think that new Camaro body style looks like a rolling cartoon car. There is just something about it that looks Looney Tunes to me.
The Mustang is a much more mature body style, and I would love to know the average age of those buying either the Camaro or the Mustang. I suspect the Mustang’s average owner age is much higher.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts