Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got pictures this weekend of my Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters and BOSS 302 front splitter. Overall, i'm pretty happy with it all. I also added smoked tint from American Muscle to my marker lenses since the weather here in Central Ohio was unseasonably warm.

Up next on the mods list are a gloss black roof panel, HID fog light upgrade, BOSS 302 oil cooler, and the transmission cooler from the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looks mean. I like it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I finally got pictures this weekend of my Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters and BOSS 302 front splitter. Overall, i'm pretty happy with it all. I also added smoked tint from American Muscle to my marker lenses since the weather here in Central Ohio was unseasonably warm.

Up next on the mods list are a gloss black roof panel, HID fog light upgrade, BOSS 302 oil cooler, and the transmission cooler from the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca...
Looks good.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
IanM said:

Shes a beauty. In my personal opinion, I think fogs would make it look better, but from the sides and front it looks damn good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying modding this car way more than I ever expected, I can't wait to get it out this summer to some of the shows.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The install procedure appeared to be pretty simple ... were there any tough points, any tips to pass on or was it just insanely simple?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The install procedure appeared to be pretty simple ... were there any tough points, any tips to pass on or was it just insanely simple?
Installation was fairly simple.

Side Skirts are simple as can be, just make sure you clean them well so the adhesive sticks properly. I worked from front to rear and everything lined up perfectly with no issues. The only issue I had was with drilling the few holes in each one required for the extra clips, just be sure you get the car up high enough to get your drill in there.

For the front splitter, it was also pretty easy. I opted to remove the lower facia though, so I could flip it over and work comfortably on it on my workbench. You can install it on the car, but I thought this was way easier. I took my time, used masking tape to hold it in place once i got it lined up to drill out all the new holes, and it was simple. In my opinion, taking it off was worth the extra 20 minutes to get a flawless finished product.

You'll need to remove the fog light electrical connections, and the connection to the external temp sensor, which was in the drivers side top of the opening, and a phillips screw at each end of the bumper where it connects at the wheel well. Those screws were the hardest part for me.

I found that once removed the fascia will flop around a bit, so I put some towels around the ends of the bumper fascia as I removed and re-installed it to prevent scratching the painted part of the bumper.

I'm actually taking it back off again this week so that I can install my HID upgrade for the fog light bulbs I bought last week... so let me know if you guys have any specific questions or want pictures of any of it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Looks awesome, I'm a big fan of the Boss 302's exterior styling! Love the Roush side splitters, have you considered the rear bumper side splitters? They're a continuation of the current splitters you have to the edge of the rear bumper. Roush advertises that they're only for 2013's, but there's a few guys on this forum who hooked up their 10-12 and they seem to fit great!

Shane

·
Registered
45 Posts
IanM said:
Installation was fairly simple.

Side Skirts are simple as can be, just make sure you clean them well so the adhesive sticks properly. I worked from front to rear and everything lined up perfectly with no issues. The only issue I had was with drilling the few holes in each one required for the extra clips, just be sure you get the car up high enough to get your drill in there.

For the front splitter, it was also pretty easy. I opted to remove the lower facia though, so I could flip it over and work comfortably on it on my workbench. You can install it on the car, but I thought this was way easier. I took my time, used masking tape to hold it in place once i got it lined up to drill out all the new holes, and it was simple. In my opinion, taking it off was worth the extra 20 minutes to get a flawless finished product.

You'll need to remove the fog light electrical connections, and the connection to the external temp sensor, which was in the drivers side top of the opening, and a phillips screw at each end of the bumper where it connects at the wheel well. Those screws were the hardest part for me.

I found that once removed the fascia will flop around a bit, so I put some towels around the ends of the bumper fascia as I removed and re-installed it to prevent scratching the painted part of the bumper.

I'm actually taking it back off again this week so that I can install my HID upgrade for the fog light bulbs I bought last week... so let me know if you guys have any specific questions or want pictures of any of it.
Which brand of HID did you go with for your fog lights? I'm looking at doing the same thing too

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks awesome, I'm a big fan of the Boss 302's exterior styling! Love the Roush side splitters, have you considered the rear bumper side splitters? They're a continuation of the current splitters you have to the edge of the rear bumper. Roush advertises that they're only for 2013's, but there's a few guys on this forum who hooked up their 10-12 and they seem to fit great!

Shane
Shane, I agree, they do complete the look. I thought about not putting them on but now I see they are needed to complete the lines for the splitters from front to rear. I'll be purchasing those soon in my weekly order from AM :)

UPS delivered my splitters yesterday ... I'll install them this weekend if it's warm enough.
I broke down finally and bought a nice garage heater, first time I used it was to install those splitters.

Which brand of HID did you go with for your fog lights? I'm looking at doing the same thing too
I searched a ton and ended up buying some from Amazon. They seem to be high quality, they're not flimsy or cheap feeling. I should know more once I get them installed. Here's a link to the ones I bought. Car HID Xenon Single Beam Conversion Kit (12V, 35W) - 2 pcs HID Ballasts and 2 pcs H8 H9 H11 Xenon HID Bulbs Lamps Lights 6000K Diamond White : Amazon.com : Automotive I searched and researched to get this specific 35 watt set in a 6000K Color, as to match what is on the car now, and give the same wattage so i'm not melting housings and things and closely match the factory HID headlight color on my car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts