Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm finally in the market for new brakes. I'm not in a place where I can go full on Cobra swap so this is what I'm thinking. My buddy can get me all this stuff at a huge discount (he [email protected] AutoZone). So here goes, I'm looking at getting 73mm SVO calipers/ 278mm(11 inch) SVO rotors for a five lug conversion as well. Going to use my rear drums for now, just use ranger axles and new drums for the 5 lug (going to be doing an IRS swap soon and going to do rear Cobra brakes with it and a new proportioning valve). And going to swap to a Cobra MC, and Brake Booster. So tell me what you think, will all this stuff work? What do you think? I know its going to take some tweaking, like doing the 3 to 2 port conversion on the MC, elongating the lower mount for the brake booster, I'm sure there are a couple more but can't think of them at the moment. Opinions and constructive criticism welcome, my other forums have yet to say anything so anything will help. Thanks! I have a 90 LX, that I'm doing this to by the way, sorry about the book....lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How limited would the choices be? I didn't know they would even be limited. I know it has that huge hub on it too but didn't know it would limit wheel choices.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
How limited would the choices be? I didn't know they would even be limited. I know it has that huge hub on it too but didn't know it would limit wheel choices.
The wheels themselves fit, it's the center caps that you won't be able to get on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok. I gotcha, and if I did that it would be that much easier to go to cobra brakes when the time came I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Oh ok. I gotcha, and if I did that it would be that much easier to go to cobra brakes when the time came I guess.
Which was one of the factors that I considered when I did mine. Just make sure you grab the complete spindles off of a 94-95 gt or v6.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Ok, I found some yesterday. What size fitting/adapter do I need for the passenger side to work?
I used my fox soft lines, just switch the sides and took the lip off of one and they work just fine.

Here is the info for the adapter for the sn95 line:
Here's the brass fitting brand (1), part number(2) and size(3).
1. Brass-Tite!
2. 43303
3. 1/4" female tube to 3/16" male tube "inverted flare"
This will allow the user to make the stock SN95 passenger side rubber hose fit the 79-93 passenger side hard line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts