Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
SquirrelNutz154 said:
I'd get them drilled and slotted though. I know those rotors are upgraded over stock, but I'd go the extra step and upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors.
Drilled and Slotted offer very little over just slotted other than looks

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
SquirrelNutz154 said:
I alweays heard that they keep them cooler, which leads to very very slightly better stopping, but much longer life and less warping. Never done any tests though, so I don't really know.
You wont notice a difference in normal everday driving. Plus drilled rotors have been known to crack under heavy use.

They do look sweet however and I will be getting them when I upgrade.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If I was you I would keep the calipers you have. The PBR Calipers on your car are 2 piston calipers just like the cobra. As a matter of fact PBR makes all the Calipers for the mustang including the V6, Cobra and Mach 1. You could have them powdercoated any color you want. I would consider getting Slotted Rotors to improve braking. I went from single pistons on my 98 to PBR dual pistons off a 99GT and it made a wrold of difference do to the increase in contact breaking area. Going from your calipers to Cobra cailpers will not be noticeable much at all in notmal driving. Also when you have the brakes done change the Brake fluid. You would be suprised how changing the brake fluid will improve braking and help eliminate brake fade and spongy brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
If I was you I would keep the calipers you have. The PBR Calipers on your car are 2 piston calipers just like the cobra. As a matter of fact PBR makes all the Calipers for the mustang including the V6, Cobra and Mach 1. You could have them powdercoated any color you want. I would consider getting Slotted Rotors to improve braking. I went from single pistons on my 98 to PBR dual pistons off a 99GT and it made a wrold of difference do to the increase in contact breaking area. Going from your calipers to Cobra cailpers will not be noticeable much at all in notmal driving. Also when you have the brakes done change the Brake fluid. You would be suprised how changing the brake fluid will improve braking and help eliminate brake fade and spongy brakes.
You took the words right outta my mouth. I upgraded to the Dual Piston and I think it was one of the best mods I've done yet.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Brembo brakes, 4 piston up front, 2 in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Monkey said:
Brembo brakes, 4 piston up front, 2 in the rear.
Brembo's are over rated and way too expensive. Unless you're getting them for dirt cheap, I wouldn't waste the money.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was just kidding. They are good brakes, but I wouldnt spend the $3000 for the mustang kit

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
oem cobra 01 up brakes adn rotors front set up only, it will do all the stoping you will ever care for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts