Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was looking into cams and was wondering how much HP I could get by adding a new cam thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,507 Posts
JUST a cam? A cam plus retune(you'll need it) will probably get you around 25-35rwhp. Now if you add a higher-flowing intake manifold then expect gains over 70rwhp!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
cam alone, no other mods 15-20

JUST a cam? A cam plus retune(you'll need it) will probably get you around 25-35rwhp. Now if you add a higher-flowing intake manifold then expect gains over 70rwhp!
if "intake manifold" includes ported heads, P&P lower intake and a windstar upper swap with full exhaust then sure lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
to give a more accurate estimation what all mods do you have done/will do with the cam?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does any one know where to get a cam for a v6 ive been looking and can only seem to find em for gts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davidcseifert said:
to give a more accurate estimation what all mods do you have done/will do with the cam?
Well right now I just have lt headers dual flow master 40 cai an a tune...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

What's the damage about gonna be to have it installed any one know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
hey that helps a good bit, more exhaust flow to let it breath

do it yourself? it's not terribly hard anyone who can comprehend a $30 repair manual can install it lol (granted you have the tools)

if you got someone else to do it i would assume200-300ish if you get a fair shop, depending on the aggressiveness of the cam will determine if you can limp it to a dyno or not to be tuned, also determines if you require new valve springs and pushrods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
If you get a new cams then your going to have to get new pistons and rods and valves and o- rings unless you wanna put pressure on your engine causing it to blow
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
V6stang6272 said:
If you get a new cams then your going to have to get new pistons and rods and valves and o- rings unless you wanna put pressure on your engine causing it to blow
Not accurate at all.

What 'O-Rings' might you be referring to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
How is that not accurate. It's common sense. Bolts ons help hp but don't at wreck the engine.

Adding just a certain part to your engine is stupid. That only causes more hp causing the engine to run harder when he steps on it so piston can blow ad screw up the whole engine.


I'm just saying if you wanna be able to thrash your gears and even gain more hp get what I said
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
V6stang6272 said:
How is that not accurate. It's common sense. Bolts ons help hp but don't at wreck the engine.

Adding just a certain part to your engine is stupid. That only causes more hp causing the engine to run harder when he steps on it so piston can blow ad screw up the whole engine.

I'm just saying if you wanna be able to thrash your gears and even gain more hp get what I said
Adding a correctly spec'd cam will not 'blow your engine' this is tried and true fact.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
V6stang6272 said:
Yea but he wont gain anything special from it when he could put In a performance cams
Ppl add E-cams to 5.0L push rod motors for years now with no issues. It is a performance cam.

Correction.. Decades not years..
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top