Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. its been 6 weeks today since I ordered my new 5.0 and I am curious how long it took some of you to get yours? Well those of you who ordered them new anyway. I am staying awake at night thinking about driving my new mustang!:love: They told me 6 to 8 weeks but sometimes people get them sooner. I guess I may just need some encouragement....:confused:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
hi guys. its been 6 weeks today since I ordered my new 5.0 and I am curious how long it took some of you to get yours? Well those of you who ordered them new anyway. I am staying awake at night thinking about driving my new mustang!:love: They told me 6 to 8 weeks but sometimes people get them sooner. I guess I may just need some encouragement....:confused:
Congrats! :headbang: Have you called the dealer? What did you order just base 5.0?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
It just depends on what you ordered. I know we looked at ordering the wife one and they told her 10weeks. Said it could change at anytime. I also have seen some people be told 6-8 weeks and wait 3-4 months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a black on black gt premium with manual trans, brembo package and 3.73 gears. Yea, the salesman from the ford dealer is actually on my friends list on xbox live and he said he hasnt heard anything, but when he knows something he will let me know.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Be patient :uhh:..the dealer has no control, over the timeframe in manufacturing..It sounds like you ordered the right equipment :D-`should be a really nice car!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
back in 01 it took me exactly 6 weeks to get my car~ they CAN track it but generally they are to lazy or dont care enough to actually track it for you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You've got a nice ride coming in! I think it took about 10 weeks for my 2012 to come in. But I've heard anything from 6-12 weeks with some rare cases going way beyond that. I expect yours should arrive in a few weeks. You can always call the dealership directly to see if they have a date. Also, if you do call, find out if a VIN has been assigned to your car. I found out that once it has a VIN, it should only take a week or so to get in (the VIN is assigned near the end of manufacturing). Good luck! I'm sure you're going to love this car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree...Good Choice! It's worth the wait. I have the same car in Ingot Silver. Just get some axel backs and your good to go.
thanks guys :headbang: my first mod will of course be some axle backs, I been watching alot of youtube videos to hear different exhausts! I really like the pypes and flowmaster outlaws. They sound great and are reasonably priced I think. I love the borla atak but its a little expensive in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

You've got a nice ride coming in! I think it took about 10 weeks for my 2012 to come in. But I've heard anything from 6-12 weeks with some rare cases going way beyond that. I expect yours should arrive in a few weeks. You can always call the dealership directly to see if they have a date. Also, if you do call, find out if a VIN has been assigned to your car. I found out that once it has a VIN, it should only take a week or so to get in (the VIN is assigned near the end of manufacturing). Good luck! I'm sure you're going to love this car.
good to know about the VIN, thanks! :good:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Check out my YouTube channel "anthonyp2003" for some Roush videos. I love my Roush exhaust, not sure it's for those who plan on lt headers though
Why not! I have the roush and plan on o/r xpipe and headers!! Be loud and be proud!:headband: my philosophy is "just do it"! Nike style!lol this is a high performance muscle car not a Toyota camery!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Why not! I have the roush and plan on o/r xpipe and headers!! Be loud and be proud!:headband: my philosophy is "just do it"! Nike style!lol this is a high performance muscle car not a Toyota camery!!
There's a fine line between loud and obnoxious. With just the axle-backs I already have people stare at me, not to mention the fact that it's rendered sync useless if you are even thinking about touching the throttle. I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me over the noise when I'm merging on the highway.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
There's a fine line between loud and obnoxious. With just the axle-backs I already have people stare at me, not to mention the fact that it's rendered sync useless if you are even thinking about touching the throttle. I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me over the noise when I'm merging on the highway.
ATTN PASSENGER:
There will be no talking to this vehicles driver while merging onto highway.

*FIXED*

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
ATTN PASSENGER:

*FIXED*
LOL! In a perfect world it would just be me and my Mustang tearing up the streets. I have this pesky "life" and "work" to deal with though :(

It would be funy to have that silkscreened on the sun visor though!

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
What I bought my mustang for the MPG....:headbang:
Lmao! Awesome!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

DDTCM said:
ATTN PASSENGER:

*FIXED*
This will be apparent in my car anytime I accelerate aggressively!! Shut up! No talking! Just hold on!

·
Registered
97 Posts
CaptainBeyond said:
thanks guys :headbang: my first mod will of course be some axle backs, I been watching alot of youtube videos to hear different exhausts! I really like the pypes and flowmaster outlaws. They sound great and are reasonably priced I think. I love the borla atak but its a little expensive in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

good to know about the VIN, thanks! :good:
Hate to burst your bubbles but the vin is the first thing assigned to the car. You actually get a vin sometimes weeks before it goes down the line. I'm a sales zone manager for Ford and scheduling is one of the things I handle. If you have a vin I can look it up for you and et an eta.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hate to burst your bubbles but the vin is the first thing assigned to the car. You actually get a vin sometimes weeks before it goes down the line. I'm a sales zone manager for Ford and scheduling is one of the things I handle. If you have a vin I can look it up for you and et an eta.
Ahh ok. The sales guy actually called a couple days ago and said he got the delivery date, should be between the 23rd and 25th this month! I cant wait!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts