Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was headed to lunch and my identical car was parked outside.. I was upset because I thought I was the only color combo in town... Anyways Inside was a gentleman wearing a ford service outfit , so I asked if the shelby was his he replied yes as we talked about our cars he asked me if I had my clutch replaced yet.. I told him I'm not having any issues so no I have not, he then informed me he can replace the whole kit under power train warranty !! I'm extremely happy and i now have an apt next Wednesday to hopefully get it all replaced :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Know a guy from another site, 2012 GT500, just had the parts included in the TSB that was supposed to be issued in Jan. 2013 to correct the 1 - 2 shift issue. ( 10, 11, & 12 MY cars ) Well the parts Ford installed didn't cure the problem. Not sure if they will still go ahead & issue the TSB.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Know a guy from another site, 2012 GT500, just had the parts included in the TSB that was supposed to be issued in Jan. 2013 to correct the 1 - 2 shift issue. ( 10, 11, & 12 MY cars ) Well the parts Ford installed didn't cure the problem. Not sure if they will still go ahead & issue the TSB.
I have an 08, it's not a 1-2 gear issue

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have an 08, it's not a 1-2 gear issue
The title of your thread is " New clutch / flywheel TSB ", the TSB I'm refering to includes replacing the clutch & flywheel if step 1 of the TSB doesn't work. As your GT500 is a 2008 MY, the TSB isn't new.

·
Registered
884 Posts
According to the OP, he should of had his appointment on 2 Jan 2013. I wonder how it went, what the TSB # was, & what the TSB issue date was ??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parts ordered , my appointment is Monday for install , all covered under power train it's 3-4,000$ in parts and labor

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Ill get more info on tsb number when I get the paperwork back when my car is done

·
Registered
884 Posts
Parts ordered , my appointment is Monday for install , all covered under power train it's 3-4,000$ in parts and labor

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Ill get more info on tsb number when I get the paperwork back when my car is done
Monday the 7th ? Updates ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Monday the 7th ? Updates ?
Picked it up last night, he started and finished it in one day, he said my flywheel had gouges and the clutch was already basically shot after 15k.. The new one is soooo easy to drive now and I'm very happy, I do miss the hiss sound but, the flywheel doesn't rattle, no clutch chatter and smooth easy pedal!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Picked it up last night, he started and finished it in one day, he said my flywheel had gouges and the clutch was already basically shot after 15k.. The new one is soooo easy to drive now and I'm very happy, I do miss the hiss sound but, the flywheel doesn't rattle, no clutch chatter and smooth easy pedal!
Glad you're happy with the results & the work was done on Ford's dime.
Did you by any chance get the TSB # & issue date ??

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Am I missing something on the clutch?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I got nothing from ford about it. Should I call them?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
They won't because it is not a recall. If you are having problems with your clutch, then I would call ford.
I've not had any trouble. It shifts hard from first to second sometimes but nothing bad. I do get a hiss when I let out on the clutch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts