Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just recently bout a month ago put in an aftermarket clutch called a saxs if anyone is familiar with clutch manufactures. Anyway its a cheap clutch but I'm wondering if my problem has to do with it. When first gear catches and while im lettin off clutch in first gear(first gear only) the car feels like its going to stall unless I gas the hell out of it. Sometimes worse than other times, could this mean my plates didnt settle right with my new clutch? If the car still runs fine should I worry about long term damage or risk gettin ripped off by tryin to get this problem fixed and ford dicking me around?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
SOunds like you have a stock car and you don't have enough power to get the car moving without the aid of the gas pedal. And it would only do it in first gear because your car is at a complete stop. In any other gear you should be starting off at atleast 1500-2000 rpms, and the engine then produces enough torque to not stall. What year is your car and where do you live? You should update your profile.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 98, Ive got flowmaster single exhuast system and custom intake. Also I drove it without any exhuast for about four months before I got the flowmaster set up. I think I know the problem. Thanks yall. :cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
your clutch is chattering which is common in a lot of aftermarket clutches. I have a spec stage 3 puck clutch and it chatters like crazy. It may be balance wrong too though. the most common thing is clutch chatter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bigpomps said:
your clutch is chattering which is common in a lot of aftermarket clutches. I have a spec stage 3 puck clutch and it chatters like crazy. It may be balance wrong too though. the most common thing is clutch chatter.
You're right about that, my stage III SPEC chatters alot too. I'm sure that people around me, when I start out from a stop, think something is screwed up in the car the way it shudders a little.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SpectorV said:
my car likes eating throw out bearings :(
Really, how often do you go through a bearing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts