Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 V6 and recently had a new Spec stage 2 clutch put on it by a very reliable shop. I broke it in for the first 450 miles and everything was fine and just a few days ago the clutch makes a tweetering sound when it's not engages but when its engaged it stops. my old clutch did this becasue the throughout bearing went on it and could this be the same thing or what? it was a brand new clutch and properly broke in and the flywheel was resurfaced.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, its the spec throughout bearing that came with the disc and pressure plate. if i get a ford t/o bearing will i have to get the flywheel resurfaced again? if so should i just go with a billet alluminium one right away since its a pretty penny to get a t/o bearing installed, might as well go all out?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would a new centerforce t/o bearing fit the spec clutch fine or is there going to be a conflict with size or anything else?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
its the throwout bearing... spec suck even worse than ford... i strongly suggest putting in a new fork arm pivot ball stud and throw out bearing they are CHEAP parts... well worth it. get a good shop to do it that warranties the throw out from ticking for XX miles or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts