Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are everyones opinions on the best clutches that we can get to replace a t5? how much do they normally run and how much do they cost to install? if i replace my t5 can i still buy a steeda short shifter for it?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
ok,

What are you looking to changing, a Clutch?
Or your transmission, a t-5 is a Transmission.

If you want to replace a clutch, look for Ram, Luk, Centerforce, ect.

If u want to replace ur tranny, you can do a few things,

Rebuild. look for another tranny, or keep it a t-5.

World Class t-5, the new Gforce T-5.

Shifters Fit what tranny they are meant for.
Look at steeda's site, under the shifter it will tell you if it was meant for a t-5 or another tranny.

If u stay with a t-5 than any shifter made for at t-5 will work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking to replace the clutch . . . i always thought that the clutch was the tranny in a manual car. geuss not. so if i replace the clutch with a "beefier" one i can beat on it without it wearing out ? :?:

·
Registered
16 Posts
to a certain extent. if you get a stage one clutch, you'll be able to beat on it a little bit, but not as much if you have a high performance stage 3. it more depends on how much power you're pushing. if you have a supercharger, all the bolt ons and NOS, you'll want at least a stage 2, probably a stage 3. buy a 5.0 mustang and look at the advertistments for the cheapest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:evil: i just bought a spec stage 1 clutch for my stock v6 for $269 shipped from s and a racing. i haven't installed it yet but it's supposed to be rated at 400hp and 287ftlbs of torque. it's supposed to keep the stock pedal feel but you will need and upgraded clutch quadrant. you can also get a ram hd clutch for around $200 but i forgot where. it handle 400hp and 402lbft of torque. if your gonna upgrade your clutch you should also upgrade you flywheel two and save on labor costs.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
theres a clutch for sale right now in the forsale section... good clutch for like 50 bucks, go check it out

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the oem is pretty good, spec is a good brand also jsut make sure you dotn use their throw out bearings use a ford oem one. and replace all the parts in there along with a flywheel resurface adn pilot bearing swap cheap and very good insurance on a long life clutch.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
never ran 4th we only have 8th miles here.... ran a 10.2 8th on a broke rear end traping 66mph with a 2.2 flat 60ft :) i normally trap 71-72 with a 2.2~ 60ft (tracks suck here) and 9.8 - 9.7 i have not ran since a couple mdos but i figure 9.7 at best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a luk clutch. it works good. my centerforce stage 1 crapped out on me and I sent it back for a refund. The clutch material was better, but the pressure plate was a piece of crap. A bad weight kept putting a lateral load on my t/o bearing and that which cut a nice groove into my input shaft bearing retainer. Which wouldn't allow me to shift.

I've heard King Cobra clutches are good along with Spec. The luk clutch is basically OEM but feels a little grippier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts