Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have decided to pursue a different direction in my quest for performance. I am going to set my sites on the Salt Flats and set my car to run there. I work with a group of guys that go there every year to run their Harleys on the flats. They have asked me to join, so I will be doing some changes to my car like having a quick change rear end to put on the car for better top end. I will also be doing some computer design work to come up with some options for better dynamics.

As for testing I have a closed runway at my disposal to do testing that is almost 2 miles long.

I think this will be fun!!!!

http://www.landracing.com/

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Sounds cool...you'll just need one hell of a high gearing to get the kind of top speed you'll need. Like....1.50's lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thats cool. I would look into a full underbody covering as my first mod to get rid of lift and help lower drag

·
Registered
567 Posts
cool..is the auto ideal for that? overdrive in my car is slow as balls.

might wanna switch out to a t-5 if not t-56 for the extra gearing..

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I will also be doing some computer design work to come up with some options for better dynamics.
Saleen kit. Best you can find without making your own kit.

cool..is the auto ideal for that? overdrive in my car is slow as balls.
A built one is. In last months MM&FF a Cobra owner who runs over 200MPH swaped his 5spd for the auto.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saleen kit my ass.With all the holes in it to plug it would be a nightmare. I am already low enough I might get a Boss Shinoda chin spoiler or maybe a Roush front valance. I will need to make special plugs for the fog light holes and lower grill vents.

As far as my tranny is concerned I will stay as it is My quest is to have fun with what I got with the exception of rearend gears. The community of land racers really help out a lot and I will be able to get a lot of stuff from them

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
how far away is that from you corey? sounds like fun... but it sounds like your cars gonna almost become a hassle to ride around on the streets with the gearing youre gonna need.

·
Registered
126 Posts
it would be safe for two rear ends if your rarely going to run its like a 3 hour swap. would be worth it. sounds like fun and good luck with it......fliing and all :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well good luck with this, you better get you a spare car to run around with and just use your current stang for this project only!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oaktonarcher said:
yea take the 7.5 off and put another one with a really low gear one when u want to race it. what is your goal Corey?u planing on hitting over 150 mph?

I will be testing at a closed runway next to my work it is over a miles long. I will keep the 7.5 and work on getting a get another rearend and something like a 2.08 gear set and work on having some custom plugs made for all the holes in the front of the car as well as some dome covers and steal rims or a set of moon rims. I am looking at getting Roush front valances. There are a lot of little things I need to do to get started

1 - 20 of 62 Posts