Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all so I have a 2002 Mustang GT with stage 1 cams with a tune and other bolt ons. It has 77k miles. So I am hearing mixed opinions on if I should use synthetic blend or full synthetic. I am heavily leaning towards full synthetic. Also, what brand oil? Also if I use full synthetic, how long between changes? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Full synthetic if you want to wait 10,000 miles or once a year. Amsoil is the best but others are fine.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Yes that oil is fine. Not the best but fine.

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
Don't overthink it. Any decent syn or syn blend and change twice a year. Done. Don't need to worry about going with crazy omg oil unless you are holding it at high RPM for long periods and even then...

Wal Mart Super Tech or Motorcraft for $17.99 for a 5 quart jug plus another few quarts and a $3.19 Motorcraft filter and roll.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My brother is a Lube Technician on the Shell deep water oil and gas platforms. Shell makes SuperTech and my brother says that is an excellent oil! And that guy is picky about lubes!

I use it, too, in everything to include the lawn mower, and it seems like good stuff to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts