Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new turbo kit for dirt cheap, however it's for a 2000 gt and I have a 2009 gt. I was wondering what all I would have to do to make it fit and if it would even be worth it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What kit is it? I think all but one turbo kit from a manufacturer requires the use of a tubular k member on new edges. In any case, you would need pretty much new everything. Hot side and cold side piping, headers...etc...etc... But the turbo itself should work and possibly the BOV and intercooler might fit. IMO grab an On3 kit, and put a better turbo on it. Or piece a Vortech kit together (you can usyally get away with buying the parts separately between 1500-2000), if you don't care how you get F.I.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's actually what I decided I'm going to do. The On3 turbo kits are cheap as hell though. It kinda concerns me since I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but the reviews don't seem too bad at all.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah some of the welds might be questionable, but overall I've heard good things as well. American Muscle had a sale on thier kits a while back for the 2v, and if it wasn't for all the extra stuff required (battery relocation, tubular k memeber) I probably would have gotten it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah some of the welds might be questionable, but overall I've heard good things as well. American Muscle had a sale on thier kits a while back for the 2v, and if it wasn't for all the extra stuff required (battery relocation, tubular k memeber) I probably would have gotten it.
The welds are actually amazing surprisingly. The on3 kit is SO much more than what you pay for. My 08 gt made 517 rwhp on just 8 lbs of boost. It was unsafe and I took a risk by getting them to back off a bit of timing and bring it back to 477 at the tires on 8 pounds. The sound is amazing! You will be on the throttle all day long!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The welds are actually amazing surprisingly. The on3 kit is SO much more than what you pay for. My 08 gt made 517 rwhp on just 8 lbs of boost. It was unsafe and I took a risk by getting them to back off a bit of timing and bring it back to 477 at the tires on 8 pounds. The sound is amazing! You will be on the throttle all day long!
Good to know! I had only heard what others had said about it regarding the welds; so its nice to hear first hand experience with thier kit. But overall it always seemed to get good reviews

1 - 10 of 10 Posts