Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 Warlock Mufflers recently, should be getting one of them this week.. no word on the second one.. but when I get them do I need to get anything else?

Figured I'd tell the guys at the muffler place where I'd get it installed to make the H-Pipe and stuff.

What about this talk about engine light turning on and stuff? Suggestions etc?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,803 Posts
if you are cutting your stock H and putting on a custom fabed on it will look pretty nasty for one, another thing is there wont be any flanges to bolt/unbolt the cat back so you definatly need to look into buying some, seanhylandmotorsports.com had some in their catalog.

also if you want the flanged ends to go from the end of the H back to the muffler those are called flow tubes, they are cheap and i think summit has em most anywhere should, if you have the H that just bolts up this is what you will need.

the MIL eliminators work but not great.... i would get a chip that turned them off and look into the future for other things you may want and have that done or get a tunner or something.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,189 Posts
SpectorV said:
if you are cutting your stock H and putting on a custom fabed on it will look pretty nasty for one, another thing is there wont be any flanges to bolt/unbolt the cat back so you definatly need to look into buying some, seanhylandmotorsports.com had some in their catalog.

also if you want the flanged ends to go from the end of the H back to the muffler those are called flow tubes, they are cheap and i think summit has em most anywhere should, if you have the H that just bolts up this is what you will need.

the MIL eliminators work but not great.... i would get a chip that turned them off and look into the future for other things you may want and have that done or get a tunner or something.
lol wtf... he has a v6 so there is no Stock H-Pipe. all he is wanting to do is put two mufflers on his car and have the muffler shop weld a h pipe on instead of just running two pipes directly to the back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Brent is right the V6's come with a Y pipe which puts the duals from the headers into one pipe and you shouldn't have any problems with them building you a pipe I had someone do the same thing for mine and nothing happened
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
I just cut off my y-pipe and ran true duals all the way back...nothing to it if ya know anything about welding or pipe work and have a pipe bender.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
That's why you carry it to a muffler shop and let them do the work and pay them a little bit for their work....that's the easiest way to do it lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Exhaust Fumes

I Recently Had An H-Pipe Installed Without The Cats, And The Problem I Am Having Is That The Fumes Are Somehow Coming Into The Through The Heater, Or When The Heat Is On And The Car Is Running. It Did Not Do This When The H-Pipe Had Cats. If Anyone Has Any Knowledge About This, Please Give Me A Buzz. Thanks In Advance.

Keys
MIBLKSTANG01
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Mjcorn23 said:
Brent is right the V6's come with a Y pipe which puts the duals from the headers into one pipe and you shouldn't have any problems with them building you a pipe I had someone do the same thing for mine and nothing happened

That's how they been doing it since day one. No flanges or anything to take it apart, that's a bonus I guess, but there is no reason you can't just weld a system in.

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,784 Posts
MIBLKSTANG01 said:
I Recently Had An H-Pipe Installed Without The Cats, And The Problem I Am Having Is That The Fumes Are Somehow Coming Into The Through The Heater, Or When The Heat Is On And The Car Is Running. It Did Not Do This When The H-Pipe Had Cats. If Anyone Has Any Knowledge About This, Please Give Me A Buzz. Thanks In Advance.

Keys
MIBLKSTANG01
Hm...I've never heard of this happening. I'd carry it back to the place you had put it on and yell at them about it...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top