Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a 3 inch magnaflow x pipe uninstalled for my 2012 5.0 but I was talking to a friend today who owns the shop I got the pipe from and he said there a bunch of new brands that his shop can get now if I wanted to switch out the pipe I already have for something different. I decided to go with the flowmaster hushpowers for my axle backs, so now do you guys have any suggestions for a good "catted" x pipe with the best sound to compliment that hushpowers?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I've never looked into a catted x pipe tbh... Only the offroad ones.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

On a related note, is the one you took off catted, or no? And are you selling it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Napoleon85 said:
I've never looked into a catted x pipe tbh... Only the offroad ones.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

On a related note, is the one you took off catted, or no? And are you selling it?
Aren't off road x pipes going to be too loud? And yeah it's catted and I'll be trading it for whatever pipe I decide on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got a Magna off-road x I'm looking to get rid of if he's not. Pm me if interested. Slightly used though, about 2500 miles

·
Registered
395 Posts
Exactly! IMO x-pipes are x-pipes. If it's a name brand company, which magnaflow is there really won't be a difference. There not like axle backs with different sounds. All pretty much the same(again, as ling as from a reputable company)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Brock23 said:
I already have a 3 inch magnaflow x pipe uninstalled for my 2012 5.0 but I was talking to a friend today who owns the shop I got the pipe from and he said there a bunch of new brands that his shop can get now if I wanted to switch out the pipe I already have for something different. I decided to go with the flowmaster hushpowers for my axle backs, so now do you guys have any suggestions for a good "catted" x pipe with the best sound to compliment that hushpowers?
Go to www.mylrs.com and type in seach box "2011 mustang gt 5.0 recap & stainless works header install" scroll down and u will see a YouTube vid of stainless works headers and offroad xpipe with the hushpowers! It sounds sick!!

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
UNless going to an off road x pipe no reason to switch it out. Now if you are doing headers and then want to go with a catted x pipe which you would have to do makes since. The Hushpowers can get loud with a O/R x pipe. I know I run it that way. I gutted my catted x pipe. And under WOT it gets loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts