Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the magnaflow streets catback exhaust on my v6 2013 pp last night! Wow does it sound nice. Such a difference. Felt a little more pull gaining a few HP especially coupled with my cai. The wheels "release" a little earlier before I really punch it. I mean it was a little wet so maybe that was it but still. Im suuuuuuper excited. It took them 1.5 hrs to install so it was a little more expensive but saved me the trouble. Especially with the piping. They did also have trouble aligning the passenger side to be the same level as the driver side muffler. Any suggestions I can give them to even it out?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Just got the magnaflow streets catback exhaust on my v6 2013 pp last night! Wow does it sound nice. Such a difference. Felt a little more pull gaining a few HP especially coupled with my cai. The wheels "release" a little earlier before I really punch it. I mean it was a little wet so maybe that was it but still. Im suuuuuuper excited. It took them 1.5 hrs to install so it was a little more expensive but saved me the trouble. Especially with the piping. They did also have trouble aligning the passenger side to be the same level as the driver side muffler. Any suggestions I can give them to even it out?
Weld a hanger to ur muffler to the actual car. That way you hold where you want it. Weld it in place and BAMN now it won't move at all! I did it ill try and take a pic

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks fine unless u really look heavily at it. Hmmm. Maybe ill bring it back and suggest that. I really like the sound now. Nice and deep. Not too loud. Def recommend if anyone's thinking about it. Super excited. Now just gonna wait 30k miles for the tune, if I can wait that long. Lol

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
If you think they sound good now--JUST WAIT !!!

I'm like you and as soon as I started my car for the very first time after installing my Streets I was just plain thrilled with the sound they put out. Now believe me when I say that having mine on for about 3,500 miles they sound way better then ever. Once they get a little carbon build up inside of them they will actually deepen a little more and you will really like what you will hear.

I have a 2012 and mine fit perfect right out of the box. Ford changed a mounting point or something on the 2013's so you have to tweek it around a little to get it to line up perfect.

Here is mine:

Ronnie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's been a few weeks...and i just love this exhaust. def recommend magnaflow streets for the v6 :)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Yep, They will sound better and better.

The thing I love most about my Streets is that going down the interstate at 70+ MPH they have that great deep humm that if you tune your ear to, you will get the enjoyment of listening to that great V6 engine but if you just want to listen to the radio or talk to your passengers or sing a song the sound does not get in your way.
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
The thing I love most about my Streets is that going down the interstate at 70+ MPH they have that great deep humm that if you tune your ear to, you will get the enjoyment of listening to that great V6 engine but if you just want to listen to the radio or talk to your passengers or sing a song the sound does not get in your way.
Ronnie
So basically its the stock drone but its more of a engine tone than the exhaust drone.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Just a very nice engine "TONE"

Not loud
Not Obnoxious
Not annoying
Just a nice smooth deep engine purr

But only if you listen for it,

Ronnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts