Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, I got my GT hood scoop on, and my new flames on. I only have two pictures, and they were taken with it very very sunny out and with a web cam, so they're small... but yeah, enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made him make them darker

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, it's important to realize also that these are pics of the car before it's even been wet sanded.. as in, just been clear coated, no buffing even yet

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
look sweet, i wanna see the whole thing when its done :)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
that looks really sweet how much was it if you dont mind me askin

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he did it free of charge..... lol, that was his contribution for me going to him to get it done. It really doesn't take that much paint at all... just hours of mapping out the flames and putting down the tape. Oh, he used the term ''wet sanding''. He told me he had to go get water for the ''wet sanding'' that's why I used it. I figured that would be the term.... maybe it's color sanding, I don't know, I'm no painter. I did have to pay for the hood scoop. The side scoops are going to be delayed. It's been two weeks since I sent the money order, and they don't have it yet. Just wait until I can get decent pictures in. He just called me up and asked me if I wanted some pics, so I took laptop and all out to his shop. Hopefully I'll have the car back in a day or two. It won't have the Saleen Side Scoops until they come in I guess. That'll really help pimp it out too. And I already have the Magnapacks on their way. Now I have to pay to have them put in, and straight pipes run cat-back. Screw the x-pipe or h-pipe. I just want straight back and tips. See how bad I get dicked over.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
wet sanding and color sanding is the same thing, i do it all day at work. both use 1500/2000 grit 3m wet/dry paper and u keep the area wet while you sand it smooth. then buff it out to the shine once more. But the car looks great, love to see more pics

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
free! thats awesome i gotta get to know this guy lol

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my car is silver, the flames have a base of the BMW Dark Silver, like on the Mini Cooper, that's the exact color btw, then, the tips are just a dark metallic blue. I have my new black reflective side skirt decals on, as well as my black reflective bumper inserts in... AND I GET MY CAR BACK TOMORROW

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
sweet be sure to post pics

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does anyone know where I can get CHEAP GT take off exhaust??? I have the Magnapacks, and nothing for them to go into!!! :( Yeah, kinda in need of that. I called a place that has like an entire Mustang GT they're parting out, but no, they can't help me with my exhaust needs, stupid SOB's.

·
Registered
529 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
does anyone know where I can get CHEAP GT take off exhaust??? I have the Magnapacks, and nothing for them to go into!!! :( Yeah, kinda in need of that. I called a place that has like an entire Mustang GT they're parting out, but no, they can't help me with my exhaust needs, stupid SOB's.
go to modular depot or stangnet and post a WTB ad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts