Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an active member on a bunch of other forums but haven't been here before. Seems cool, lots of thread activity.

Anyway, I have a 1998 GT, all the driveline/performance mods done by the previous owner. Car is in really good shape, VERY clean, garage kept most of its life and garage kept now. Never sees bad weather. Car has 115k on it, motor has probably 80-something on it by now, runs great. This is my first modular but not my first SN95, I had 1995 Cobra #3914. Loved that car but had a kid, bought a house, you know the drill... Anyway loving this car so far.

Mods are:

Done by previous owner
-99 PI motor swap
-FMS Shorties
-BBK catted H
-Dynomax Thrush mufflers with Flowmaster stainless pipes
-3.73s
-Tri Ax shifter
-FMS Aluminum DS
-Chrome Bullitt wheels
-Nitto 555 DRs
-Cervinis Cobra R hood
-OEM Cobra bumper
-Envoy foglights
-Cobra headlights with HIDs
-S281 wing
-BBK Springs/Eibach? shocks
-MM CC plates
-TF plenum
-C&L inlet tube with custom airbox
-Bullitt pedals
-Bullitt front and rear brakes

Done by me
-Full black interior swap
-New TMI carpet
-TMI Vinyl upholstery
-MAC white face gauges

On to pics

Interior when I got it

Interior after I went through it

Future plans are to go through the suspension installing an IRS with FTBR kit, upgrade the front with probably the MM front kit or maybe a Griggs SLA if I can stomach the price. Then I'm going to Tork Tech the stock motor and start building the Teksid in my garage. Final goal is a weekend toy/road racer at around 550-600whp.

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Beautiful car!! Welcome! Some great and knowledgeable people here. Love the ride.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great looking ride bro....... That interior is awesome now. :)

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Actually first on the docket is a new water pump, chase down the coolant leak I'm pretty sure is the bypass tube under the intake and do the brakes. Ordering the brakes tonight from Rockauto. Raybestos rotors and Centri posi quiet ceramic pads. Gotta keep remembering to order the Cobra/Bullitt stuff lol. Same stuff as my 95 got and that stuff worked GREAT.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Welcome! Where at on the shore? I'm right near Belmar, Mansquan, Pt. Pleasant, etc

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brick, so right down the road from Point.

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. Last interior mod I'm going to do for a little while is the rock crusher shifter handle I just ordered from UPR. Will actually move the knob back to a location I can reach comfortably without leaning, I HATE the SN95 lean...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm an active member on a bunch of other forums but haven't been here before. Seems cool, lots of thread activity.

Anyway, I have a 1998 GT, all the driveline/performance mods done by the previous owner. Car is in really good shape, VERY clean, garage kept most of its life and garage kept now. Never sees bad weather. Car has 115k on it, motor has probably 80-something on it by now, runs great. This is my first modular but not my first SN95, I had 1995 Cobra #3914. Loved that car but had a kid, bought a house, you know the drill... Anyway loving this car so far.

Mods are:

Done by previous owner
-99 PI motor swap
-FMS Shorties
-BBK catted H
-Dynomax Thrush mufflers with Flowmaster stainless pipes
-3.73s
-Tri Ax shifter
-FMS Aluminum DS
-Chrome Bullitt wheels
-Nitto 555 DRs
-Cervinis Cobra R hood
-OEM Cobra bumper
-Envoy foglights
-Cobra headlights with HIDs
-S281 wing
-BBK Springs/Eibach? shocks
-MM CC plates
-TF plenum
-C&L inlet tube with custom airbox
-Bullitt pedals
-Bullitt front and rear brakes

Done by me
-Full black interior swap
-New TMI carpet
-TMI Vinyl upholstery
-MAC white face gauges

On to pics

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/gpintauro/media/98 gt/98mustang002.jpg.html

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/gpintauro/media/98 gt/98mustang004.jpg.html

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/gpintauro/media/98 gt/98mustang008.jpg.html

Interior when I got it

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/gpintauro/media/98 gt/100_0816.jpg.html

Interior after I went through it

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/ScottyD035ntKnow/media/2012-06-23_19-16-20_530.jpg.html

Future plans are to go through the suspension installing an IRS with FTBR kit, upgrade the front with probably the MM front kit or maybe a Griggs SLA if I can stomach the price. Then I'm going to Tork Tech the stock motor and start building the Teksid in my garage. Final goal is a weekend toy/road racer at around 550-600whp.
Welcome man also from jersey were thinking of doing a meet this Sunday if you're down. Beautiful by the way

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome man also from jersey were thinking of doing a meet this Sunday if you're down. Beautiful by the way
Man I wish. I'll be in Germany this weekend... Let me know for sure next time you guys have a meet planned tho.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome man. Join the jersey bar! All is new jerseyians are part of it lol

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll have to gander on over to that part of the forum. Maybe actually get some info on local meets and come out with my whip.

·
Premium Member
18,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Spiffy $50 piece of billet aluminum that moves the shifter knob back to where I can reach it comfortably. No more fast power shifting but I can't do that with the stock T45 anyway without it grinding into 2nd and I don't street race and I am gong to set the car up for handling anyway so... MUCH better driving experience with no more SN95 lean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts